Re: Need finullgarn source

  • Terri Shea
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
      Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!

      terri@...

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
        It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
        carry the yarn though.

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

        > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
        >
        > terri@...
        >

        > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
        > yarn, of
        > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
        > that we
        > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
        > the United
        > > State, too.
        > >
        > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
        > >
        > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
        > has other
        > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
        > >
        > > Jody Grage (Haug)

      • Jody Grage
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
          The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

          My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the finullgarn,
          however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But then I
          won't be wearing it!

          Thanks, Jody

          It looks like Arnhild is wholesale only. She does list stores that
          carry the yarn though.

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

          > Arnhild has finullgarn in stock. I have a bag on my desk!
          >
          > terri@...
          >

          > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I will be knitting my partner a Fana genser and I need to get the
          > yarn, of
          > > course. I have lots of finullgarn but not in two shades of green
          > that we
          > > want since he's on the steering committee of the Green Party of
          > the United
          > > State, too.
          > >
          > > I've tried emailing April Mills, but her email address isn't good.
          > >
          > > I can check at www.arnhild.com - but I thought I'd see if anyone
          > has other
          > > ideas that are perhaps closer and more direct.
          > >
          > > Jody Grage (Haug)

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
            Nordic Fiber Arts sent a notebook of yarn samples and catalogs which
            I will be bringing to the meeting. We also have the 2007 Wooly West
            catalogs and I have some of their yarn cards from my stash which I'll
            bring too.

            Karin

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
              Thank you Jody !!!

              Karin

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Jody Grage" <jody@...> wrote:

              The amount of information available on this list is wonderful!

              > My partner has decided that he wants a softer yarn than the
              finullgarn,
              > however. Pity because I really like the harder-finish yarns. But
              then I
              > won't be wearing it!
              >
              > Thanks, Jody

            • Terri Shea
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 22, 2006
                If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland: Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's.  They are slightly thicker than Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work.  They're a bit less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.  Lovely stuff.

                Terri Shea
                ------------------------------------
                terri@...
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Thank you Terri - I just added the link for Two Swans Yarns which
                  carries Jamiesons.

                  Karin

                  --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Shea" <terri@...> wrote:

                  > If you haven't swatched it for him yet, consider true Shetland:
                  Jamieson & Smith, or Jamieson's. They are slightly thicker than
                  Finullgarn, knit up nicely at 8spi in stranded work. They're a bit
                  less expensive, especially Jamieson & Smith which you can buy direct
                  from the mill at http://www.shetland-wool-brokers.zetnet.co.uk/.
                  Lovely stuff.

                  > Terri Shea
                  > terri@...

                • Terri Shea
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
                    Karen at Two Swans is a terrific resource, and always goes the extra
                    mile.

                    terri

                    --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>