Magazines of Nordic Interest

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2007
      I'm still learning about all the Fiber Arts publications so this
      message is for people like me !

      The latest issue of Piecwork Magazine has a wonderful article on Märta
      Stina, a peasant woman in Sweden, who died in the early 1900's I
      believe, and her techniques. Carol Rhoades and Ulrika Bos Kertuu
      have some great patterns in there based on her design. Carol is
      teaching a class about Märta Stina at Madrona Fiber Arts but
      unfortunatley it's full.
      I just subscribed and filled my shopping cart with back issues. I
      couldn't help myself !
      Also nice articles on two- end knitting and Estonian mittens by Nancy
      Bush.

      http://www.interweave.com/needle/piecework_magazine/

      Vogue Knitting International Winter 2006/07

      Two-End Knitting
      Meg Swanson

      Northern Knits: Scandinavian Sensation
      Linda Pratt