Re: [nordicknitters] $2,300 knitting book

  • Evelyn Clark
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
      Karin - That's incredible. I bet the reviewer didn't pay that much for the
      book! I'm sure I've seen this at used book stores, so I don't think it is
      rare. However, some knitting books have extraordinary prices. I keep
      looking for a reasonably priced copy of Nordic Knitting and recently missed
      an opportunity to buy it through Powells.

      Hope you have a great train trip Saturday. Evelyn

      > My sister in law forwarded this to me. Pretty amazing !
      >
      > Karen, Check out this link! For a $2300 knitting book! Scroll down to
      > the review (written by an Arlington WA knitter) - it's worth reading
      > and interesting info! I can't imagine someone would really spend $2300
      > for a knitting book! Of course, if someone had bought it, it wouldn't
      > be available on Amazon!

    • Katie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
        Do you think thats a typo?

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>
        wrote:

        > My sister in law forwarded this to me. Pretty amazing !
        >
        > Karen, Check out this link! For a $2300 knitting book! Scroll down
        > the review (written by an Arlington WA knitter) - it's worth
        reading
        > and interesting info! I can't imagine someone would really spend
        $2300
        > for a knitting book! Of course, if someone had bought it, it
        wouldn't
        > be available on Amazon!
        >

        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312020287/104-6103312-0777541?
        > ie=UTF8&seller=A18OZMH 8UQINVM&sn=Better%20World%20Books

      • Marianne Kuokkanen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2007
          The softcover version sells for a bit over 2 dollars!

          Marianne in Finland
          http://ekebodesign.eu/blog/