Etsy.com

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
      Thank you for the caution for on-line buying. I know that I've been
      sucked into buying on Ebay without really thinking what I was bidding
      on - quality wise that is - then warning articles come out in the
      Seattle Times.
      I appreciate you taking the time to educate us on this. I'm an impulse
      buyer so this is great information.

      I've bought from Allspunup.etsy.com amd have been very pleased. Her
      rating is %100

      Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Katie "
      <kathleengumbleton@...> wrote:

      > Karin, everybody,
      > That was my same reaction when I first visited etsy.com, I thought
      it
      > looked like a wonderful idea, but after a few experiences with the
      > website I thought I would pass along my stories so you would have
      some
      > foreknowledge of what might occur if you decide to buy or sell
      anything
      > through Etsy. There are some wonderful hand made items available
      for
      > knitters including wonderful homespun and hand dyed yarns, etc.,
      but be
      > careful with a few things. Some sellers are not dependable or
      reliable
      > and the shopping cart through paypal is also sometimes not
      dependable
      > or reliable. If you are thinking of selling, there are more
      sellers
      > than buyers and prices are very low relative to cost of material
      and
      > time spent making your items, so MOST sellers do this for a hobby.
      You
      > can easily get a seller's permit that would allow you to purchase
      your
      > supplies wholesale, but many distributors require very large
      minimum
      > orders for your first order, just something to keep in mind.
      Another