: Nordic Knitting Conference latest information !!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2012
      All class descriptions and registration information is on the museum website. Here is a bit more information from the museum regarding questions that have come up.

      Greetings to all of you passionate knitters, spinners, textile designers and artists,

      The response to the 2012 Nordic Knitting Conference has been great! Many of you have already sent in your Registration Forms so you can enjoy your first choices of the wide range of classes focused on Nordic Mittens during this unique knitting and spinning event. Some classes are nearly full, but at this early stage there are still some openings in every class.

      In case you wondered, your registration fee includes a special "goody bag" that you will receive when you sign in at the conference, and a Friday evening Happy Hour, where you can meet all of the instructors and many of the other attendees in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.

      We do need to clarify a few items: First, those of you who wish to sign up for two 3-hour classes on one day should note that the fee for each 3-hour class is $60, for a total of $120. The Registration Form online has now been altered to make this more clear, but if you have any questions, please contact us.

      Second, Susanna Hansson's Lapland Hand Garments: the Mittens from Rovaniemi includes a 3-hour Friday afternoon session as well as a 6-hour session on Saturday, for a total of 9 hours. The total cost for the class is $170. It is also necessary to take both sessions. Susanna has created a very comprehensive class with an incredible amount of information and knitting experience for her students. We think you will find the class to be an outstanding experience.

      And one last thing (Sorry!): Please make sure you have put your class choices on the proper days, and please check your math before you send in your Registration Forms! (Don't forget to add in the cost of lunches.)

      Thank you all for the wonderful response to the 2012 Nordic Knitting Conference. We are sending out the first wave of confirmation forms now.

      Happy Knitting and Spinning!!

      Linda Lingle

      Adult Education Coordinator
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
        We already have a fabulous collection of items for door prizes and a silent auction.

        A generous museum member has donated a large stash which includes, a number of skeins of Alice Starmore Scottish Campion yarn, her books "Scandinavian Knitwear: 30 Original Designs from Traditional Patterns" and "Pacific Coast Highway", a Margaret Stove lace shawl kit, Skaska Designs yarn, Knit Picks Lace, sweater kits, packs of Lopi Lett, "Twined Knitting" by Ulla Danielsson and Birgitta Dandanell, plus much more !

        Specifics of the silent auction will be posted later.

        All registrants will be given goody bags which will include a mini mitten pattern, coupons, and more.