Fair Isle for Handspinners class coming in fall!!

  • Wendy Sundquist
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012
      Dear folks,

      I'm currently helping to organize this class. Martha and Elizabeth came to the NW in 2010 to teach. They taught a Fair Isle knitting class at the Nordic Heritage Museum and a knitting and spinning for Shetland lace on Whidbey Island. They are both amazing teachers and a wonderful resource for this traditional knitting style. Spread the word!

      Martha Owen from the John C Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC and Elizabeth Johnston from Shetland, UK will be returning to Whidbey Island this fall to teach. The class that they will teach this year is titled: Fair Isle for Handspinners: Exploring color through fiber blending, dyeing, spinning and knitting. It will be held from October 26-28, 2012 at Garrison Hall on the grounds of the Fort Casey Inn in central Whidbey Island.

      You can find out more information about the class, Martha and Elizabeth at http://nordichandcraft.blogspot.com . Class descriptions and registrations forms will be available at the end of April. In the meantime, I am collecting an email list of folks who might be interested in the class that I can send these out to later next month.

      Wendy Sundquist
      PO Box 967
      Langley, WA 98260
      360.221.7721
      wendy@...
    • Wendy Sundquist
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012
        Dear folks,

        If you tried the URL I gave in my last note, you will have ended up on a site that was in Swedish. Sorry for the inconvenience! That's what I get for sending the link out when I am tired. Here is the real link!!!

        http://nordichomecraft.blogspot.com

        Sorry for the error,

        Wendy Sundquist
        Whidbey Island, WA