Dale of Norway PEACE pattern

  • Linda W
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2012
      Does anyone know if the PEACe pattern from Dale of Norway is available as a pattern? Or just as a finished sweater. Thanks many,

      Linda
      needling@...
    • Mary Ann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2012
        Linda, although the Peace design is knit with Heilo, it's not the Heilo that we knitters know and love; it's 2 ply Heilo, whereas the Heilo we knitters use is 4 ply. Unfortunately, you could knit about 4 regular sport weight Heilo sweaters in the time it would take you to knit something at the Peace sweater's gauge. While it's that extra-fine gauge - much finer than you'd get from the thinnest sock or baby yarns available - that allows for the intricate detail, alas, it's also that extra-fine gauge, requiring four times the work, that keeps it from being a marketable hand knitting design. With most of the world's knitters opting for something more like worsted weight, it's unusual enough just to get folks to knit sweaters at sport weight; very few knitters are interested in knitting full-sized sweaters at something finer than the usual lace weight. Hence, Dale of Norway has not made it available as a pattern. Sorry! But just so you know, I've let folks at Dale of Norway know, several times, that knitters keep asking for that design and I'll be happy to revisit the topic with them for you. Hopefully, something similar, on a larger scale, will come along soon.

        Mary Ann Stephens
        http://www.kidsknits.com
        blog: twostrands.wordpress.com