Nordic Fashion Summit

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2011
      Option provided now of one day attendance

      NORDIC FASHION BIENNALE 2011 FASHION SUMMIT
      Nordic Heritage Museum
      Friday and Saturday, September 30 - October 1, 2011

      The 2011 Nordic Fashion Biennale, a six-week-long exhibition celebrating design, fashion and innovation, will kick-off on September 30 with the two-day NFB 2011 Fashion Summit featuring top international designers and artists. The summit is designed to inspire conversation and exploration between master professionals, industry leaders, emerging designers, fashion students and trend setters. Key themes that are woven throughout the summit include slow fashion, sustainability and design, cultural heritage, and the business of fashion. The Nordic Fashion Biennale Symposium is a two day event co-sponsored by the Nordic The symposium is open to designers, fashion students and anyone with an interest in fashion, cultural heritage and sustainability.

      Day one on September 30 will include a series of presentations covering, among other topics, forecasting fashion trends, slow fashion, ethics of fashion, and how to build a brand. The day will conclude with a screening of "Rabbit Hole," Icelandic designer Mundi's first foray into film which premiered at Paris Fashion Week 2010.

      Day two on October 1 will focus on the business of fashion, highlighting the personal journeys of success from some of fashion's most respected experts including Pauline Brown, Steinunn Sigurðardóttir, Áslaug Magnúsdottir and Yvan Mispelaere. The day will conclude with a thrilling performance by the mesmerizing Henrik Vibskov.

      DOWNLOAD A COMPLETE NFB 2011 FASHION SUMMIT SCHEDULE

      15 speakers and more. Lunch, coffee and refreshments.

      Costs for the 2-day summit, meals included:

      Members: $125.00
      General: $150.00
      Students: $ 60.00

      Costs for either September 29 OR October 1 (one day only), meal included:

      Members: $62.50
      General: $75.00
      Students: $30.00

      Space is limited so those interested are encouraged to register quickly.

      Speakers include:
      Cynthia Aherne (US/Norway)
      Pauline Brown (US)
      DEM Collective Annika Axelsson (Sweden)
      Ragna Fróða (Iceland)
      Katrina I Geil (Faroe Islands)
      Julie Edel Hardenberg (Greenland)
      Kirsi Laitala (Norway)
      Áslaug Magnúsdottir (Iceland)
      Yvan Mispelaere (US)
      Mundi (Iceland)
      Orlando Palacios (US)
      Guðrun Rogvadottir (Iceland)
      Steinunn Sigurðardóttir (Iceland)
      Henrik Vibskov (Denmark)

      Nicole Marion Miller, Owner and Creative Director of Blackbird, will moderate the summit along with New York-based Icelandic stylist and designer Edda Gudmundsdottir.

      nordicmuseum.org/
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
        The Nordic Fashion Summit was very interesting. Quite abit about
        knitting and design was included. There are contemporary knit pieces in
        the Nordic Fashion Bienale exhibit. As the museum director said
        it's like "Where's Waldo" when going thru the
        collection. Besides the exhibit being displayed in the three gallery
        rooms on the second floor pieces are placed here and there on all three
        floors.
        The black knit dress featured in this video
        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hb0tJYZMbU&feature=related>
        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hb0tJYZMbU&feature=related> from
        Faroese designers Gudrun and Gudrun is there too.

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "farmerkarin59" <loweosborn@...>