Nordic Fashion Summit

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2011
      NORDIC FASHION BIENNALE 2011 FASHION SUMMIT
      Friday and Saturday, September 30 - October 1, 2011
      <http://www.nordicfashionbiennale.com/>

      The 2011 Nordic Fashion Biennale, a six-week-long exhibition celebrating
      design, fashion and innovation, will kick-off on September 30 with the
      two-day NFB 2011 Fashion Summit featuring top international designers
      and artists. The summit is designed to inspire conversation and
      exploration between master professionals, industry leaders, emerging
      designers, fashion students and trend setters. Key themes that are woven
      throughout the summit include slow fashion, sustainability and design,
      cultural heritage, and the business of fashion. The Nordic Fashion
      Biennale Symposium is a two day event co-sponsored by the Nordic
      Heritage Museum and Nordic House, Reykjavik. The symposium is open to
      designers, fashion students and anyone with an interest in fashion,
      cultural heritage and sustainability.

      Day one on September 30 will include a series of presentations covering,
      among other topics, forecasting fashion trends, slow fashion, ethics of
      fashion, and how to build a brand. The day will conclude with a
      screening of "Rabbit Hole," Icelandic designer Mundi's first
      foray into film which premiered at Paris Fashion Week 2010.

      Day two on October 1 will focus on the business of fashion, highlighting
      the personal journeys of success from some of fashion's most
      respected experts including Pauline Brown, Steinunn
      Sigurðardóttir, Áslaug Magnúsdottir and Yvan Mispelaere. The
      day will conclude with a thrilling performance by the mesmerizing Henrik
      Vibskov.

      15 speakers and more. Lunch, coffee and refreshments.

      Cost for the two-day summit, meals included: Museum members: $125;
      General: $150; students: $60.
      Space is limited so those interested are encouraged to register quickly.

      Speakers include:
      Cynthia Aherne (US/Norway)
      Pauline Brown (US)
      DEM Collective Annika Axelsson (Sweden)
      Ragna Fróða (Iceland)
      Katrina I Geil (Faroe Islands)
      Julie Edel Hardenberg (Greenland)
      Kirsi Laitala (Norway)
      Áslaug Magnúsdottir (Iceland)
      Yvan Mispelaere (US)
      Mundi (Iceland)
      Orlando Palacios (US)
      Guðrun Rogvadottir (Iceland)
      Steinunn Sigurðardóttir (Iceland)
      Henrik Vibskov (Denmark)

      Nicole Marion Miller, Owner and Creative Director of Blackbird, will
      moderate the summit along with New York-based Icelandic stylist and
      designer Edda Gudmundsdottir.

      Costs for the 2-day summit, meals included:

      Members: $125
      General: $150
      Students: $60

      Nordic Heritage Museum
      <http://nordicmuseum.org/events.aspx#NFBsymposium>

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2011
        Option provided now of one day attendance

        NORDIC FASHION BIENNALE 2011 FASHION SUMMIT
        Nordic Heritage Museum
        Friday and Saturday, September 30 - October 1, 2011

        The 2011 Nordic Fashion Biennale, a six-week-long exhibition celebrating design, fashion and innovation, will kick-off on September 30 with the two-day NFB 2011 Fashion Summit featuring top international designers and artists. The summit is designed to inspire conversation and exploration between master professionals, industry leaders, emerging designers, fashion students and trend setters. Key themes that are woven throughout the summit include slow fashion, sustainability and design, cultural heritage, and the business of fashion. The Nordic Fashion Biennale Symposium is a two day event co-sponsored by the Nordic The symposium is open to designers, fashion students and anyone with an interest in fashion, cultural heritage and sustainability.

        Day one on September 30 will include a series of presentations covering, among other topics, forecasting fashion trends, slow fashion, ethics of fashion, and how to build a brand. The day will conclude with a screening of "Rabbit Hole," Icelandic designer Mundi's first foray into film which premiered at Paris Fashion Week 2010.

        Day two on October 1 will focus on the business of fashion, highlighting the personal journeys of success from some of fashion's most respected experts including Pauline Brown, Steinunn Sigurðardóttir, Áslaug Magnúsdottir and Yvan Mispelaere. The day will conclude with a thrilling performance by the mesmerizing Henrik Vibskov.

        DOWNLOAD A COMPLETE NFB 2011 FASHION SUMMIT SCHEDULE

        15 speakers and more. Lunch, coffee and refreshments.

        Costs for the 2-day summit, meals included:

        Members: $125.00
        General: $150.00
        Students: $ 60.00

        Costs for either September 29 OR October 1 (one day only), meal included:

        Members: $62.50
        General: $75.00
        Students: $30.00

        Space is limited so those interested are encouraged to register quickly.

        Speakers include:
        Cynthia Aherne (US/Norway)
        Pauline Brown (US)
        DEM Collective Annika Axelsson (Sweden)
        Ragna Fróða (Iceland)
        Katrina I Geil (Faroe Islands)
        Julie Edel Hardenberg (Greenland)
        Kirsi Laitala (Norway)
        Áslaug Magnúsdottir (Iceland)
        Yvan Mispelaere (US)
        Mundi (Iceland)
        Orlando Palacios (US)
        Guðrun Rogvadottir (Iceland)
        Steinunn Sigurðardóttir (Iceland)
        Henrik Vibskov (Denmark)

        Nicole Marion Miller, Owner and Creative Director of Blackbird, will moderate the summit along with New York-based Icelandic stylist and designer Edda Gudmundsdottir.

        nordicmuseum.org/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
          The Nordic Fashion Summit was very interesting. Quite abit about
          knitting and design was included. There are contemporary knit pieces in
          the Nordic Fashion Bienale exhibit. As the museum director said
          it's like "Where's Waldo" when going thru the
          collection. Besides the exhibit being displayed in the three gallery
          rooms on the second floor pieces are placed here and there on all three
          floors.
          The black knit dress featured in this video
          <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hb0tJYZMbU&feature=related>
          <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hb0tJYZMbU&feature=related> from
          Faroese designers Gudrun and Gudrun is there too.

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "farmerkarin59" <loweosborn@...>