Re: Knit Cafe

    Message 1 of 18 , May 13, 2011
      This Sunday is the delayed Knit Cafe due to Mother's Day being last weekend. It's from 1-4. Admission is free for this group. Bring your favorite goodies to share. Lots of knitting books in the gift shop including the Nordic Knits booklet !
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 10, 2011
        This Sunday is the last Knit Cafe before the summer break. We meet from 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. There will be a 15% off sale on all knitting books - Sunday only. See you there !

        17 SWEDISH DESIGNERS
        June 3, 2011 – August 21, 2011

        The Nordic Heritage Museum is pleased to present 17 Swedish Designers, an exhibition highlighting the recent work of young, progressive women working in contemporary industrial and interior design. More than 60 examples of high design in the form of furniture, textiles, glass, and ceramics represent innovative development of objects for everyday use.

        Since the 1950s, Scandinavian design has been celebrated throughout the world for pioneering functionalism, streamlined aesthetics, and relative affordability. Historically, Swedish design has been a largely male-dominated realm; with an increasing number of women choosing the design profession in recent years, however, greater diversity in the field has emerged. Early in their careers, all seventeen participating designers exhibited at Gallery Pascale, Stockholm's first gallery devoted exclusively to design. The exhibition—based on gallery founder Pascale Cottard-Olsson's book, 17 Swedish Designers—displays the designers' recent work. Talented women of the same generation, the designers share a common worldview, displaying an impressive versatility, a fearless desire to experiment, as well as determination and dedication in turning visions into reality.

        Participating designers include Pia Amsell, Carina Seth-Andersson, Lena Bergström, Camilla Diedrich, Monica Förster, Front, Anki Gneib, Nina Jobs, Anna Kraitz, Lotta Kühlhorn, Anna Lerinder, Ulrika Mårtensson, Anna von Schewen, Eva Schildt, Sara Szyber, Pia Törnell, and Barbro Wesslander. Participating companies from Sweden include Gärsnäs, Design House Stockholm, Källemo, IKEA, Offecct, Orrefors, Nola, Swedese, Rörstrand, and Materia.

        This exhibition was produced by Svensk Form, the Swedish Society of Crafts and Design, in collaboration with the Swedish Embassy and the Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation.
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
          Sunday is the first Knit Cafe of the season. It's between 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. See you there !! Bring your projects to share.
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
            This Sunday is the next Knit Cafe from 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. Give yourself extra time to stroll thru the fashion exhibit. See you there !
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 10, 2011
              It's that time again ! We are meeting this Sunday starting at one. Admission is free for this group. Check out the Fashion Summit exhibit and get a jump start on holiday shopping at the gift shop !

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2012
                Tomorrow is the next Knit Cafe starting at 1PM Bring your projects to share. We want to see what you have been creating over the holidays !