Nordic Conference Committee Meeting

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2006
      We are having an open meeting on 01/07/07 to discuss the organizing of
      the proposed NW Nordic Knitting Conference. It will be held between
      2-4PM in one of the class rooms. To make this truly successful we need
      lots of input and volunteers. Please come if you can make it.
      Terri sent this helpful link to get us all thinking.
      One grant proposal is in and more need to be written.
      Many hands make light work so if you are able please join us !

      Karin
      moderator

      Let's Produce A Major Fiber Arts Festival.
      It'll Only Take A Year (or Two) to Do It.

      http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/KSfiberartsfest.html
    • sonja@foothills-travel.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2006
        Hi Karin, What a great idea. I want to be involved, but we are on vacation
        until January 8. I will be sure to make the next meeting for the Firber
        Arts Festival. Be sure to keep all of us updated on when the next meeting
        is after your first on Jan 7. Holiday Hugs, Sonja Myklebust :)

        > We are having an open meeting on 01/07/07 to discuss the organizing of
        > the proposed NW Nordic Knitting Conference. It will be held between
        > 2-4PM in one of the class rooms. To make this truly successful we need
        > lots of input and volunteers. Please come if you can make it.
        > Terri sent this helpful link to get us all thinking.
        > One grant proposal is in and more need to be written.
        > Many hands make light work so if you are able please join us !
        >
        > Karin
        > moderator
        >

        > Let's Produce A Major Fiber Arts Festival.
        > It'll Only Take A Year (or Two) to Do It.
        >

        > http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/KSfiberartsfest.html

      • Barbara Mason
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2006
          I would also like to help, even though I am in Portland. I cannot make the meeting on the 7th but be sure to let me know of the next one.
          Best to you all
          Barbara

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
            Now that visions of Sugar Plums dancing in our heads have changed to
            Sugar Plum colored yarn on our needles we can start thinking about the
            upcoming committee meeting on 01/07/07 2PM at the Museum. Anyone who
            can make it is most welcome. We need lots of input. If you can't make
            it just send me your ideas and I'll bring them to the meeting .
            loweosborn@...
            The Museum said in the past they have plenty of volunteers to help with
            the little stuff we just need to get major parts of this rolling.
            Vivian Hoxbro is still interested in coming even though it's still
            tentative at this point. We won't hear about the one grant approval
            until Feb. Besides teaching a color class, Domino, and Shadow knitting,
            she is now developing a class to teach on the Danish Nightshirts with
            the wonderful star patterns in the arms.

            I will be sending out a few more reminders in the next week so please
            have patience with that.

            Have a fun and safe New Years Celebration this evening !

            Take care. Karin