Knit Cafe

  • loweosborn@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 15, 2010
      Hello,

      This Sunday is the first Knit Cafe. We can catch up with each other and show off our newest creations. Strong coffee and cookies as always ! Admission to the museum is free for this group. The Heritage Rooms on the second floor have been changed and be sure to check out the gift shop. If you haven't seen the wonderful lace shawls and other knitted items in the Iceland room be sure to leave time for that.

      Because of the way the calendar falls there will be no Knit Cafe in October due to the Conference but come anyway to check out the vendors and new items in the gift shop.
      There will be no Knit Cafe in November due to Julfest but come anyway and do some Christmas shopping, listen to music, and have some very tasty Scandinavian treats.
    • Roberta Lord
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 15, 2010
        Hi Karin! Could you remind me what time we start? Is it 1:00?

        Thank you!

        Roberta

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 15, 2010
          Oops ! It starts at 1PM
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 2, 2010
            Just a reminder that the Knit Cafe has been changed to the second Sunday. We will meet this Sunday at 1PM. See you there !
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 2, 2010
              I feel foolish ........... Head totally in the clouds. It's NOT this weekend. Thanks Kristina

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 12, 2010
                Just a reminder that the Knit Cafe has been changed to the second Sunday. We will meet this Sunday at 1PM. See you there !
                Admission to the museum is free for this group. This also gives you a chance to do some Christmas shopping in the gift store !

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011
                  Tomorrow from 1-4 is the Knit Cafe at the museum. Admission is free to this group. Bring your favorite goodies to share. Lots of knitting books in the gift shop including the Nordic Knits booklet !
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 4, 2011
                    Knit Cafe would have been this Sunday but it's Mother's Day so we are postponing it until the following weekend. See you then !

                    Karin

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 13, 2011
                      This Sunday is the delayed Knit Cafe due to Mother's Day being last weekend. It's from 1-4. Admission is free for this group. Bring your favorite goodies to share. Lots of knitting books in the gift shop including the Nordic Knits booklet !
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 10, 2011
                        This Sunday is the last Knit Cafe before the summer break. We meet from 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. There will be a 15% off sale on all knitting books - Sunday only. See you there !

                        17 SWEDISH DESIGNERS
                        June 3, 2011 – August 21, 2011

                        The Nordic Heritage Museum is pleased to present 17 Swedish Designers, an exhibition highlighting the recent work of young, progressive women working in contemporary industrial and interior design. More than 60 examples of high design in the form of furniture, textiles, glass, and ceramics represent innovative development of objects for everyday use.

                        Since the 1950s, Scandinavian design has been celebrated throughout the world for pioneering functionalism, streamlined aesthetics, and relative affordability. Historically, Swedish design has been a largely male-dominated realm; with an increasing number of women choosing the design profession in recent years, however, greater diversity in the field has emerged. Early in their careers, all seventeen participating designers exhibited at Gallery Pascale, Stockholm's first gallery devoted exclusively to design. The exhibition—based on gallery founder Pascale Cottard-Olsson's book, 17 Swedish Designers—displays the designers' recent work. Talented women of the same generation, the designers share a common worldview, displaying an impressive versatility, a fearless desire to experiment, as well as determination and dedication in turning visions into reality.

                        Participating designers include Pia Amsell, Carina Seth-Andersson, Lena Bergström, Camilla Diedrich, Monica Förster, Front, Anki Gneib, Nina Jobs, Anna Kraitz, Lotta Kühlhorn, Anna Lerinder, Ulrika Mårtensson, Anna von Schewen, Eva Schildt, Sara Szyber, Pia Törnell, and Barbro Wesslander. Participating companies from Sweden include Gärsnäs, Design House Stockholm, Källemo, IKEA, Offecct, Orrefors, Nola, Swedese, Rörstrand, and Materia.

                        This exhibition was produced by Svensk Form, the Swedish Society of Crafts and Design, in collaboration with the Swedish Embassy and the Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation.
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                          Sunday is the first Knit Cafe of the season. It's between 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. See you there !! Bring your projects to share.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
                            This Sunday is the next Knit Cafe from 1-4. Admission to the museum is free for this group. Give yourself extra time to stroll thru the fashion exhibit. See you there !
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 10, 2011
                              It's that time again ! We are meeting this Sunday starting at one. Admission is free for this group. Check out the Fashion Summit exhibit and get a jump start on holiday shopping at the gift shop !

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 7, 2012
                                Tomorrow is the next Knit Cafe starting at 1PM Bring your projects to share. We want to see what you have been creating over the holidays !