Re: Hi, I am new here

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 9:36 AM
      Hi, Welcome to the group !
      I'm sorry but the wraps are machine knit. I just added that under
      comments for each picture. I should have done that before. I would love
      to have patterns for these wonderful pieces. They come in a narrow scarf
      too. She does not have a website. I did all my correspondence with one
      of her daughters. You can suggest to Sirkka what colorways you'd like to
      have these wraps in. There is a book about her which I purchased thru
      her shop. First I did an interlibrary loan, the only copy available came
      from the Library of Congress !!
      This company carries kits of her designs. The Yarn Harlot did one of her
      mitten kits. Unfortunately only a few of the kits are in English.
      Pirkanmaan Kotityƶ Oy
      <http://www.taitopirkanmaa.fi/epages/pirkanmaa.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Sho\
      ps/pirkanmaa/Categories/Tekemispaketit/%22neule%3A%20paidat%2C%20sukat%2\
      C%20lapaset%22>
      I LOVE her colorwork !!!!!! I'm trying to talk the Nordic Heritage
      Museum into having an exhibit of her work someday.

      If you go under links - International Nordic Knitting sites - I have set
      up links under each country for companies that I have found. Probably
      needs to be updated !

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "soapmaster2002" <garden@...>
      wrote:

      > My name is Anna, and I live in the prairies of Canada. I love nordic
      style knitting...was browsing the photos and saw the following: Sirkka
      design-Karin's new wrap ...just beautiful! Where can a pattern like this
      be found???