91Re: [nordicknitters] Re: exchanging patterns

  • Barbara Mason
    Nov 29, 2006
      This is correct, as an artist and designer you automatically own the copyright...you can apply for one very cheaply every year on what you have done, so the cost should not stop you, you can do it yourself for a design copyright.
      barbara

      Marianne Kuokkanen <mariannekfi@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      you don't have to do anything to get your material copyrighted. Once you
      create it, you have the copyright to it.
      Maybe you're talking about something else?

      Marianne in Finland
      http://ekebodesign. eu

      > Good advise, especially in the rather tight knitting community. I have
      > explored the possibility of copyrighting some of my styles but the cost
      > is prohibitive unless you are full-time designer. In light of that,
      > printing and distribution would depend on whether the material is in
      > fact copyrighted. Just a thought.
      >
      > Solveig
      >
      > - making copies of printed materials and handing them out,no matter how
      > well intentioned, is a copyright violation and Yahoo could shut us
      > down.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic