838Traveling Shawl for breast cancer

  • VICKI
    Apr 18, 2009
      Hello Knitters

      I don't know if any of you are aware of a shawl project traveling around the 50 States for a fund-raiser for the Susan G Komen Foundation. As women, I know each of us have a friend or relative who has been affected with breast cancer.

      I am representing the state of Washington and it's due to arrive at my door in the next week or so for me to do my six rows before sending it on to Alaska.

      Won't you please check out the website for the Traveling Shawl and perhaps purchase the pattern or donate for a change to win the shawl in the October drawing? Every cent goes to the foundation, by the way. Kay Meadors has donated her pattern and the yarn and the 50 of us donating our time.

      Blog for the Traveling Shawl and Ravelry group:

      http://www.traveling50statesshawl.blogspot.com/

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/traveling-shawl

      thanks
      Vicki