      From: Karin
      Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:30 PM
      Subject: [nordicknitters] Possible Scandinavian Spinning Workshop Seattle

      We are trying to see if there is enough interest to hold a three day
      Scandinavian Spinning Workshop. Possible dates would be mid to late
      September.
      Areas covered would be Scandinavian fleeces, prep and uses for, Bohus,
      Z-plied, and Lovikka yarns and more.

      Instructor would be:
      Carol Huebscher Rhoades
      Living in Madison, WI, Carol has a special interest in the wools-their
      preparation and spinning-and the techniques for traditional handspun
      and knitted garments, particularly those of Scandinavia and England.
      She is the Technical Editor of and a frequent contributor to Spin-Off
      magazine, and has translated Swedish, Norwegian and Danish knitting
      books. Her teaching has taken her around the U.S., including to SOAR
      and WI Sheep & Wool Festival, as well as to England, Canada, Norway,
      Denmark and New Zealand.

      Please e-mail me at loweosborn at yahoo.com if you are interested.

      Thanks !! Karin

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic