1055Finnish Music in Seattle this weekend

  • Candace
    Oct 5, 2010
      Hello Nordic Knitters,
      I just want to share some news with other members in the Seattle area. A band from Minnesota called Finn Hall will be here on tour and at this fun event at the Swedish Cultural Center. Here's the information.

      Finlandia Foundation National ,Seattle chapter presents Lecturer of the year, Arne Alanen at 7 PM followed by FFN Performer of the year, Finn Hall concert/dance Saturday, October 9, 2010.
      The event will be held Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Avenue, Seattle, WA. ( 206) 283-1090. Admission will be $15.00 for the lecture, music and dance. During intermission open face-sandwiches, and other Finnish goodies will be served and are included in admission. Wine and beer will also be available. For further information call: JoAnne Rudo (206) 329-1443 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (206) 329-1443      end_of_the_skype_highlighting joannerudo@... or Marja Hall (425) 378-7689.
      Check out Finn Hall band ,www.finnhall.com

      My husband was contacted by this band to play bass for them since their regular bass player was not able to go on the tour. So if you see me sitting near the band, alone, please come up and say hello. I might even be knitting!

      I wish so much that I could have attended this year's knitting conference at the Nordic Heritage Museum, but I'm a musician too and my band will be playing both Saturday and Sunday. For those of you going, have fun!

      Best Wishes,
      Candace