1002Lithuanian knitting classes FYI

    Apr 13, 2010
      It's great to see Lithuanian knitting classes now ! From Donna Druchnas Ethnic Knits on Yahoo.

      Ethnic Knits

      1. last chance to sign up for Denver Fiber Fiesta classes! From: writerdd05
      View All Topics | Create New Topic Message
      1. last chance to sign up for Denver Fiber Fiesta classes!
      Posted by: "writerdd05" druchunas@... writerdd05
      Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 am (PDT)

      Can you even believe it's already April, and the month is slipping away as we watch? Before you know it, I'll be in Europe again! (In 2 months and 3 days, to be precise, I will be back on Greenwich Mean Time.)

      I'm teaching a few workshops at the end of April at the 4th Annual Denver Fiber Fiesta, at the National Western Complex, Denver, Colorado, April 30th-May 2, 2010.

      If you want to get into the classes, now's the time to sign up.

      I'm teaching:

      ************ ********* ********* ********* **
      Big Needle Lace
      Love lace but not into knitting with thread-like yarn on tiny needles? Then this class is for you! We will explore different lace knitting stitches, all using fat yarns and needles size 13 and above.

      Lithuanian Sock Heels & Toes
      Working from instructions I have translated from early Lithuanian knitting books, we will knit several types of heels and toes that I have never seen used in contemporary American knitting patterns.

      Lithuanian Beaded Wristers
      These wrist warmers are inspired by Lithuanian beaded wristers that I saw on BritKnitCast website, hosted Carrie Anne Dennison, who attended Woolfest in england a few years ago. I have since found out that these are a traditional design for wristers that were worn by women in Lithuania for at least 100 years. They are called rieĀšinės (wristbands) in Lithuanian.

      More info at the link below. I hope to see you there!

      http://www.alpacabr eeders.org/ gwas/2010/ fiberartsfiesta. html

      Register and pay by PayPal or credit card here: http://sheeptoshawl .com/workshopsig nup.html

      Donna Druchunas