Re: [NorCalFire] Arrastre Fire, San Bernadino, So Cal - end

  • David Cruce
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
      is there a central ca fire? if so what's the link?
    • John Fisher
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
        Ed,
        I second that. I also subscribe to both and really don't need the repetition. Speaking strickly for myself, until it becomes "major" I'd just as not see it here at all. What does major mean? To me at least, it means an incident management team has been ordered.

        Of course, I've gotten in a "war of words" or two about not wanting to see postings from everyone for counties around that "Engine xxxx went to the fire" as well, so maybe I'm just uptight! ;)

        John

        goldwinger16@... wrote: I would rather see a simple " mention " of a large fire outside

        northern Cal. If people are really interested , then they can read messages

        at SoCalFire. I subscribe to SCF but DON'T take all messages , so all you

        really need is something like " 500 acre fire near San Diego - check SoCalFire

        for updates. makes more sense to me

        Ed

        From: Jake H <yahoo@...>

        For major/extraordinary fires elsewhere in California, it is fine to
        post a recap here to help us keep tabs of what is going on elsewhere.
        Fires down south can really scramble resources up here and confuse the
        heck out of us who wake up one morning with out-of-state resources
        responding to the local medical aid.

        There will be no play-by-play or initial posting of fires in anywhere
        except the northern california.

        And we always support our sister-list SoCalFire John :)
        Jake

        John Gleichweit PDA wrote:
        > It's fine as a recap for the NorCal folks, plus it gets thwm over to my list. ;@)
        >
        > John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

      • Mike Meadows
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
          I agree all the way John although I'm not in the least
          opposed to seeing an initial notification of a fire
          but nothing more unless it go's major and by major I
          mean a second alarm, air tankers being ordered, over
          50 acres with a rapid rate of spread, ect, ect. On the
          Arrastre Fire, we got way to many post that were
          meaningless.....blah, blah...lol..Mike

          --- John Fisher <thefishmail@...> wrote:

          > Ed,
          > I second that. I also subscribe to both and really
          > don't need the repetition. Speaking strickly for
          > myself, until it becomes "major" I'd just as not see
          > it here at all. What does major mean? To me at
          > least, it means an incident management team has been
          > ordered.
          >
          > Of course, I've gotten in a "war of words" or two
          > about not wanting to see postings from everyone for
          > counties around that "Engine xxxx went to the fire"
          > as well, so maybe I'm just uptight! ;)
          >
          > John
        • Jon Casamajor

            From: Jake H <yahoo@...>

            John Gleichweit PDA wrote:
            > It's fine as a recap for the NorCal folks, plus it gets thwm over to my list. ;@)
            >
            > John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

            Get ready for Fire Season 2006!

            Moderator questions/problems?
            mail directly at norcalfire-owner@yahoogroups.com
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Ben
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
              Yes there is but its a pretty dead group..

              or you could try
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CaliforniaOnlineScanning/

              David Cruce wrote:

              > is there a central ca fire? if so what's the link?

            • Harry Marnell
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
                Do you mean is there a yahoogroup for Cen Cal fires? Yes,
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CenCalFire/

                David Cruce wrote:
                > is there a central ca fire? if so what's the link?
              • John Gleichweit PDA
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                  It's not dead, just really quiet when there's not a lot going on.

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM