RE: [NorCalFire] Shasta: Veggie rapid rate - Palo Cedro

  • Dave Blackmon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2006
      Sounds like they are canceling equipment now.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2006
        Woowee what a start to the season. First engine (2479) arrived on
        scene and reported 5 acres structures threatened. A few seconds later
        he bumped it up to 10 acres, rapid rate and wanting 3 additional. A
        few more seconds he wanted 2 additional for total of 5, with it
        "moving fast and multiple structures threatened"

        Copter 205 got to roll onscene and do a few laps around the fire but
        they are now released. IC is also cancelling response to a few far out
        engines and continuing the nearest couple engines.

        The live scanner is in the transition process between winter (law,
        trains, planes, etc) and fire (umm fire, and fire). Sorry for the
        interruptions with license/registration checks and UP Railroad :)
        They'll be gone in a few days.

        Jake 1pm

        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Jake H" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > 10+ acres rapid rate multiple structures directly threatened, moving
        fast

        > Whispering Oaks, Kirkwood Manor
        > Priority need for 5 additional engines over initial response, Copter
        > 205 and Dozer from Tehama.
        >
        > 151.160 SHU Local (on live scanner)
        > 151.445 Tact 11
        >

        > Jake
        > 5/31 12:30pm

      • cywildfire
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2006
          Looks like the grass crop is drying out in the north.
        • John Gleichweit PDA
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2006
            Jake: have they staffed the Sched B stations in Region 2 yet? All of the Sched B stations in region 4 are staffed, and as soon as they have enough manpower to staff the second out units, they will be coming on line, probably around the 15th of June.

            John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

            Get ready for Fire Season 2006!

            Moderator questions/problems?
            mail directly at norcalfire-owner@yahoogroups.com
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • K Broadbent
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2006
              I dont know where your getting your information I'm a
              firefighter in region 4 and we are not planning on
              having our second engines staffed till about july 9th.

              --- John Gleichweit PDA <n6fog@...>

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                I know TGU started staffing their first out Sched B engines Monday. Not
                sure about Butte but we all usually play the same up here. Shasta
                staffed on Monday also. Considering the number of local govt engines on
                today's fire in Shasta, their second string isn't staffed yet. Usually
                late June for up here.
                Jake