RE: [NorCalFire] SKU-Hotlum Fire

  • kimnoyes@charter.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2006
      Thanks for all the information. It's nice to have an online witness. It's the next best thing to being there. That is tragic that a family lost their home. It's sad anytime, but to lose one's home in a wildland fire in February up in the State of Jefferson is just plain odd to me. I suppose it doesn't bode well for the upcoming fire season.

      Check out my profile on Myspace.com at http://www.myspace.com/kimusinteruptus

      ---- Bob Berg <bob.berg.listmail5@...> wrote:
      Relative backyard was correct; fire passed within two miles of my residence. However, due to the direction of the strong winds, no threat to the area where I live. Plus there is a large volcanic hill between our area and the path of the fire.

      From the radio reports that I heard, one single family residence was totally destroyed. Unfortunately, the damage assessment reports were done via cell phone. Did not hear any more reports about the train trestle except that a Union Pacific RR had a representative out there doing an inspection and trains were passing through.

      The rains came in quite heavy around 8:00 p.m. Hand crews, dozers, and most engines were released for the night to return in the morning for final mop up. A few engines remain to patrol the areas. Evacuations were lifted around 8:30 p.m. News reports put the size at 600 acres.