Re: [NorCalFire] Dan owes some ice cream

  • Dan James
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      Just one catch, you have to help hump sandbags. Maybe I can get some Ben & Larry's, Ah, I mean Ken & Jerrys, ....... they all said no. Hey, how about a hot steaming bowl of Ese's Firehouse beans? Come on over while we still have some. Like "Peas Porridge, some folks like em' 5 days old"

      As of 0500 hrs on Sun. Morn the H2O is SLOWLY receding. Just sent a crew out on the Quads to look for Seepage and leaking Squirrel holes. As of 0100 hrs. it looked very good. Sleep seems to be the only thing I'm short of. Jake, we can whip you up a batch of Mint Cow chip, will that do?
      Thx for the note. Maybe I'll have to call my old Indian friend Rod and ask him to do a "Sunny and Dry weather" dance?
      Dan
      Ed Nowlin <capt_ed@...> wrote:
      Oh gads, THAT tradition is still in place???

      Ed

      > Dan James made a great interview on Ch 12 News at 11 last night
      > regarding flooding in Hamilton City. Some of us saw it. I like Mint
      > Chocolate Chip please. Lets hope for his sake the other 425 members
      > didn't all see it too. :)
      >
      > Jake

      Get ready for Fire Season 2005!

      Moderator questions/problems?
      mail directly at yahoo@...

      Northern california lodging Northern california wedding photographer Northern california whitewater rafting Northern california hotels Northern california wedding photography Northern california mortgage broker

      ---------------------------------

    • Andrew Witham
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        Nice to see someone else up for it - my ice cream budget is dry!

        A couple of times every day, Channel 7 KRCR TV in Redding shows a news promo
        piece - the opening couple of seconds shows a firefighter against a backdrop
        of a wall of fire coming through the trees. That firefighter was me - the
        shot was taken in the early hours of the first night of the Whitmore fire.
        Ironically - the reporter left just after the shot was taken - and about 15
        minutes later we had to drop everything an run - when we returned our hoses
        were lines of ash and we were left to recover the brass that was left
        behind. Not quite a burn over - but closer that I felt comfortable with.

        Drew W1SAR

        _____

        Now that we and he have the official notice, we'll have to set up the
        NorCalScan Ice Cream Social with Dan as the host.

        John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507