Re: Tanker 00

  • Mike L
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
      I wasnt referring to recently w/ T00, he hasnt been in AZ for approx
      2 years, he has been in the hanger for over a year, and Phoenix Air
      Tanker Base closed almost 10 years ago. Last time he was in AZ was 2
      years ago and he was based in Winslow, this year they had T20 based
      up there, and T23 based here in Prescott.

      As for the helos

      Helitankers run between 1500 to almost 3000 gallons of water in
      their tanks Erickson AIrcranes tanks on their skycrane hold 2650
      gallons

      Los Angeles Sikorsky Firehawks have 1000 gallon tanks on bottom.

      Boeing Chinooks carrys approx 1200-200 gallon buckets
      Boeing Vertols carry approx 900 gallons in their buckets

      But No one in US has 5000 gallons on a helo, even the air tankers
      only hold approx 3000-3500 gallons at one time.

      Althoughj the Russian MI6 Halo Heavy Helicopter has a double bucket
      mounted on a bar and can carry 2000 gallons in each bucket for 4000
      gallon total

      Mike
      CVFD AZ
    • Glenn
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 11, 2005
        Sorry trying to catch up on 800 emails, but most Helitankers hold approx
        2500-2900 gallons, depending on manufacturer of tank. Erickson, Heavy lift,
        Carson and others all carry different amounts. Remember there is a
        difference between a Type 1 Helicopter and a Type 1 Helitankers.