Re: [NorCalFire] Re: The Govenor says.....

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
      I wonder what kind of battle that would be with the union if they did
      that and actually were reprimanded by CDF.

    • George.Cusack@alldata.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
        Is this a fire board or a political board? If it is political, just let me know and I'll unsubscribe.

        twobells2001 wrote:

        > The fire persons should have done an about face for the photo op
        >turn their backs on the Gov. as he is doing to the Kahlifoania
        >public services. Yea easy for me to say, I'm a retired fire Captain,
        >I don't have to worry about repercussions.
        > Joe Lacey
        >

        >--- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:
        >

        >>http://tinyurl.com/79fq5
        >>
        >>--- Ben <ben96cal@d...> wrote:
        >>

        >>>thats amazing how he can talk of both sides of his
        >>>mouth demonizing
        >>>public safety personnel one second and praising the
        >>>next.

        >>>Discusses Wildfire Prevention

        >>>transcripts of Governor Arnold

        >>>another California Report.

        >>>in California we face

        >>>imagine with hot, dry

        >>>brush everywhere. That

        >>>and emergency personnel

        >>>them even stronger.

        >>>fires in 2003, I asked a

        >>>faster and more effective

        >>>their recommendations into

        >>>engines for California

        >>>local governments and

        >>>response personnel.

        >>>in Southern California.

        >>>acres, destroying several

        >>>everyone who was

        >>>been much, much worse but we

        >>>and federal authorities

        >>>the damage.

        >>>trenches, meeting this

        >>>getting it under control. I

        >>>the incredible work they

        >>>brave firefighters. My

        >>>unshakeable and nothing will ever

        >>>because we know that fire

        >>>effort.

        >>>California safer. For

        >>>hazard within 100 feet of

        >>>roof. And in case there

        >>>good evacuation plan.

        >>>preparing to fail." By

        >>>California to be ready

        >>__________________________________
        >>Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
        >>http://mail.yahoo.com
        >>

        >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
        >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
        >
        >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
        >
        >Moderator questions/problems?
        >mail directly at yahoo@...
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Get ready for Fire Season 2005!

        Moderator questions/problems?
        mail directly at yahoo@...
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dan James
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
          Thank You George. I just have to add a little bit. A
          few yrs ago I was on a fire in Nor-Cal when Gov. Davis
          was in office. The Gov. came to lunch at Firecamp. CDF
          kicked all the Vol. F/F's out of camp so it could be
          an all CDF show. The politics stink now as they did
          then. I get tired of one group pointing fingers at
          another when they should be looking at themselvs.
          Politics as told to me by an old and wise friend,
          Poly = many
          Ticks = blood sucking little animals.
          Lets keep it off this site pls
          danfromord

          === message truncated ===

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • David Coursey
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
            Is there something wrong with politics? The fire service is inherently
            political, as is the availability of resources to fight, or not fight, a
            particular blaze or blazes in general. Budgets are political-larger
            budgets (or different spending) could have prevented tanker crashes and
            even the Oakland Hills (Tunnel) fire. CDF perhaps losing Riverside
            County is political. What's so wrong with politics as an *occasional*
            subject? If we don't talk about it will it just go away? And as we've
            recently seen, what about disaster response isn't political?

            ________________________________

            --- George.Cusack@... wrote:

            > Is this a fire board or a political board? If it is
            > political, just let me know and I'll unsubscribe.

            Northern california lodging
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+lodging&w1=Nort
            hern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photographer&w3=N
            orthern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hotels&w5=N
            orthern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mortgage+b
            roker&c=6&s=241&.sig=syJ5UnStI8-9CtlO3-WxMw>

            Northern california wedding photographer
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+wedding+photogr
            apher&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+phot
            ographer&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+californi
            a+hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+californ
            ia+mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=EBpt35m_07m-BjHYsdniMQ>

            Northern california whitewater rafting
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+whitewater+raft
            ing&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photog
            rapher&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+
            hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california
            +mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=m4mral1Bqkr9YVwPJV_BTw>

            Northern california hotels
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+hotels&w1=North
            ern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photographer&w3=No
            rthern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hotels&w5=No
            rthern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mortgage+br
            oker&c=6&s=241&.sig=kKy53Yeg4zpEIHRqpQlbQw>

            Northern california wedding photography
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+wedding+photogr
            aphy&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photo
            grapher&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california
            +hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+californi
            a+mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=E5UqCdTFf4XjYqhF2JQ_Gw>

            Northern california mortgage broker
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+mortgage+broker
            &w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photograp
            her&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hot
            els&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mo
            rtgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=3WHtziw047wNJ-QbwH_ngQ>

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
              David...and everyone...

              This is a FIRE SCANNING LIST. In FIRE SEASON, it is generally used to
              discuss FIRES.

              It's not a FIRE POLITICS list, although political stuff gets mentioned once
              in a while.

              As I understand it, this isn't a place to actively discuss, nor to snipe
              about, politics; it's a place to talk about fires in N. CA and what scan
              fans can do to hear more.

              If I wanted to talk or read fire politics, I'd go to the FIRE POLITICS
              group, ok?

              Please keep this list reasonably apolitical, so I can stick around. I HATE
              politics, and hate it more when a good list goes sour or gripey because of
              them.

              Thanks...

              PA
              NOT a fireperson
              NOT a politician
              Just a nosey person who likes to know why there's so much smoke at 4PM....
            • John Gleichweit
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
                Let me point you to another one of my groups, CalFirePolitics. Just send an
                email to calfirepolitics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to subscribe.

                --
                John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
                IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 12, 2005
                    I am not around for a week while I take care of escrow stuff (buying a
                    house next to a ham who has a 40ft tall tower, yesssss) and NorCalFire
                    goes political on me? That was the last thing on my mind.

                    Please no more political rants, jives, by the ways, etc. The story was
                    good, related to the topic, the replies were not. Politics and fire
                    radio don't mix, except for congressional meetings on RF spectrum. Even
                    then, northern CA fire radio isn't going to 700MHz any time soon.

                    Thank you for your time. The list govenor has spoken...
                    Jake Hickok
                    norcalscan.org

                    Jon Casamajor wrote:

                    >PA,
                    >RIGHT ON! This sort of crap has ruined more than one very good enthusiast's
                    >board. Thanks for drawing a line and I hope the moderator will stop this in
                    >it's tracks.
                    >
                    >Jon
                    >
                    >-- "Pamela Alley" <rnrq@...> wrote:
                    >David...and everyone...
                    >
                    >This is a FIRE SCANNING LIST. In FIRE SEASON, it is generally used to
                    >discuss FIRES.
                    >
                    >It's not a FIRE POLITICS list, although political stuff gets mentioned once
                    >in a while.
                    >
                    >As I understand it, this isn't a place to actively discuss, nor to snipe
                    >about, politics; it's a place to talk about fires in N. CA and what scan
                    >fans can do to hear more.
                    >
                    >If I wanted to talk or read fire politics, I'd go to the FIRE POLITICS
                    >group, ok?
                    >
                    >Please keep this list reasonably apolitical, so I can stick around. I HATE
                    >politics, and hate it more when a good list goes sour or gripey because of
                    >them.
                    >
                    >Thanks...
                    >
                    >PA
                    >NOT a fireperson
                    >NOT a politician
                    >Just a nosey person who likes to know why there's so much smoke at 4PM....
                    >

                    >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
                    >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                    >
                    >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
                    >
                    >Moderator questions/problems?