New Start? Santa Clara Unit

  • John Gleichweit PDA
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2005
      Driving SB on 101 toward Gilroy, I saw 2 BCs and DT1641 heading NB. Any idea of the incident?

      Smokey

      John Gleichweit, N6FOG, CA-OES 51-507
    • Craig T.
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2005
        What time was this? I know there was an incident in Livermore this afternoon. If you really want to know when you get infront of a computer.... Firescan.net has recorded dispatches.

        CT

      • Ben
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2005
          yeah that was fun. fire was 4 doors down from my house.. wasn't at home
          but g/f called me

          Craig T. wrote:

          >What time was this? I know there was an incident in Livermore this afternoon. If you really want to know when you get infront of a computer.... Firescan.net has recorded dispatches.
          >
          >CT

          >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
          >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
          >
          >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
          >
          >Moderator questions/problems?
          >mail directly at yahoo@...
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Craig
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 2, 2005
            What you saw:

            B1613 B1609 Dozer 1640

            in addition to:

            E1662 Copter 106 E1673 E1667 E1664 E1684 Dozer 1641 2 crews 2 engines
            and a dozer from CZU Air Attack 460 Tanker 96 Tanker 81

            Vegitation fire Mt Hamilton Rd x Quimby Rd in Grant Ranch Park...

            And I'm sure San Jose had a TIER going... (haven't listened to the
            entire recording).

            CT
          • Craig
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 2, 2005
              This fire was later cancelled. Was just a camp fire, AA-460 to
              continue for recon, but most likely no fire.

              CT
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 2, 2005
                ...due to snow. Visibility will be zero in 25 minutes.

                Tomhead is 6750ft in northwest Tehama County, covers TGU, SHU, SHF, MNF

                Jake
                4:18 Sunday
              • John Gleichweit
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Thanks. I didn't have a scanner with me, so I wasn't able to listen to any
                  radio traffic. I can usually pick up some of the SCU traffic from home, but
                  this time I was out without it.

                  --
                  John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
                  IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

                    10/08/2005

                    Governor Schwarzenegger Lauds Firefighters and Discusses Wildfire Prevention
                    in Weekly Radio Address Audio and English transcripts of Governor Arnold
                    Schwarzenegger's weekly radio address are below.

                    Governor Schwarzenegger:

                    Hi, this is Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with another California Report.

                    Wildfires are a threat all across the West and here in California we face
                    some of the most extreme fire conditions you can imagine with hot, dry
                    summers, high winds, steep mountains, and trees and brush everywhere. That
                    is why California has the best team of firefighters and emergency personnel
                    I have ever seen and we are taking steps to make them even stronger.

                    After I visited the devastating Southern California fires in 2003, I asked a
                    group of experts to help us find ways to be even faster and more effective
                    when a fire disaster strikes. And we put many of their recommendations into
                    action beginning this year to provide 60 new fire engines for California
                    Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and for local governments and
                    better communication equipment and more emergency response personnel.

                    Last week I took an aerial tour of the Topanga fire in Southern California.
                    This fire was a monster, burning more than 24,000 acres, destroying several
                    homes and other buildings and my heart goes out to everyone who was
                    affected. As bad as it was, the fire could have been much, much worse but we
                    had fantastic coordination between local, state, and federal authorities
                    that helped us respond more effectively and limited the damage.

                    And of course, our firefighters were down in the trenches, meeting this
                    challenge head-on, working around the clock to getting it under control. I
                    met and spoke with many of them and saw firsthand the incredible work they
                    do.

                    Over the past two years, I have visited many of our brave firefighters. My
                    respect for their service and sacrifice is unshakeable and nothing will ever
                    change that. And they deserve all of our support because we know that fire
                    prevention and fire safety have to be a team effort.

                    By following a few simple steps, we can all make California safer. For
                    instance:

                    Clear out any dead brush, branches, or other fire hazard within 100 feet of
                    your house. Clean pine needles and leaves off your roof. And in case there
                    is a fire, make sure you and your family have a good evacuation plan.

                    There's an old saying that "failure to prepare is preparing to fail." By
                    planning ahead and working together, we can prepare California to be ready
                    for wildfires today and in the future.

                    Thank you for listening.

                  • Ben
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                      thats amazing how he can talk of both sides of his mouth demonizing
                      public safety personnel one second and praising the next.

                    • tom
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                        http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScannerbuffsofAmerica/ All you need to know about police and fire scanning!
                        http://www.mattlogic.com/ Live scanner feeds straight from California including L.A
                        http://scannerfeeds.us

                      • John
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                          http://tinyurl.com/79fq5

                          --- Ben <ben96cal@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > >
                          > >Over the past two years, I have visited many of our
                          > brave firefighters. My
                          > >respect for their service and sacrifice is
                          > unshakeable and nothing will ever
                          > >change that. And they deserve all of our support
                          > because we know that fire
                          > >prevention and fire safety have to be a team
                          > effort.
                          > >
                          > >By following a few simple steps, we can all make
                          > California safer. For
                          > >instance:
                          > >
                          > >Clear out any dead brush, branches, or other fire
                          > hazard within 100 feet of
                          > >your house. Clean pine needles and leaves off your
                          > roof. And in case there
                          > >is a fire, make sure you and your family have a
                          > good evacuation plan.
                          > >
                          > >There's an old saying that "failure to prepare is
                          > preparing to fail." By
                          > >planning ahead and working together, we can prepare

                          __________________________________
                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • twobells2001
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                            The fire persons should have done an about face for the photo op
                            turn their backs on the Gov. as he is doing to the Kahlifoania
                            public services. Yea easy for me to say, I'm a retired fire Captain,
                            I don't have to worry about repercussions.
                            Joe Lacey

                            --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > > >
                            > > >Over the past two years, I have visited many of our
                            > > brave firefighters. My
                            > > >respect for their service and sacrifice is
                            > > unshakeable and nothing will ever
                            > > >change that. And they deserve all of our support
                            > > because we know that fire
                            > > >prevention and fire safety have to be a team
                            > > effort.
                            > > >
                            > > >By following a few simple steps, we can all make
                            > > California safer. For
                            > > >instance:
                            > > >
                            > > >Clear out any dead brush, branches, or other fire
                            > > hazard within 100 feet of
                            > > >your house. Clean pine needles and leaves off your
                            > > roof. And in case there
                            > > >is a fire, make sure you and your family have a
                            > > good evacuation plan.
                            > > >
                            > > >There's an old saying that "failure to prepare is
                            > > preparing to fail." By
                            > > >planning ahead and working together, we can prepare

                          • Ben
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                              I wonder what kind of battle that would be with the union if they did
                              that and actually were reprimanded by CDF.

                            • George.Cusack@alldata.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                                Is this a fire board or a political board? If it is political, just let me know and I'll unsubscribe.

                                twobells2001 wrote:

                                > The fire persons should have done an about face for the photo op
                                >turn their backs on the Gov. as he is doing to the Kahlifoania
                                >public services. Yea easy for me to say, I'm a retired fire Captain,
                                >I don't have to worry about repercussions.
                                > Joe Lacey
                                >

                                >--- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:
                                >

                                >>http://tinyurl.com/79fq5
                                >>
                                >>--- Ben <ben96cal@d...> wrote:
                                >>

                                >>>thats amazing how he can talk of both sides of his
                                >>>mouth demonizing
                                >>>public safety personnel one second and praising the
                                >>>next.

                                >>>Discusses Wildfire Prevention

                                >>>transcripts of Governor Arnold

                                >>>another California Report.

                                >>>in California we face

                                >>>imagine with hot, dry

                                >>>brush everywhere. That

                                >>>and emergency personnel

                                >>>them even stronger.

                                >>>fires in 2003, I asked a

                                >>>faster and more effective

                                >>>their recommendations into

                                >>>engines for California

                                >>>local governments and

                                >>>response personnel.

                                >>>in Southern California.

                                >>>acres, destroying several

                                >>>everyone who was

                                >>>been much, much worse but we

                                >>>and federal authorities

                                >>>the damage.

                                >>>trenches, meeting this

                                >>>getting it under control. I

                                >>>the incredible work they

                                >>>brave firefighters. My

                                >>>unshakeable and nothing will ever

                                >>>because we know that fire

                                >>>effort.

                                >>>California safer. For

                                >>>hazard within 100 feet of

                                >>>roof. And in case there

                                >>>good evacuation plan.

                                >>>preparing to fail." By

                                >>>California to be ready

                                >>__________________________________
                                >>Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
                                >>http://mail.yahoo.com
                                >>

                                >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
                                >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                                >
                                >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
                                >
                                >Moderator questions/problems?
                                >mail directly at yahoo@...
                                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                Get ready for Fire Season 2005!

                                Moderator questions/problems?
                                mail directly at yahoo@...
                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Dan James
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
                                  Thank You George. I just have to add a little bit. A
                                  few yrs ago I was on a fire in Nor-Cal when Gov. Davis
                                  was in office. The Gov. came to lunch at Firecamp. CDF
                                  kicked all the Vol. F/F's out of camp so it could be
                                  an all CDF show. The politics stink now as they did
                                  then. I get tired of one group pointing fingers at
                                  another when they should be looking at themselvs.
                                  Politics as told to me by an old and wise friend,
                                  Poly = many
                                  Ticks = blood sucking little animals.
                                  Lets keep it off this site pls
                                  danfromord

                                  === message truncated ===

                                  __________________________________
                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • David Coursey
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
                                    Is there something wrong with politics? The fire service is inherently
                                    political, as is the availability of resources to fight, or not fight, a
                                    particular blaze or blazes in general. Budgets are political-larger
                                    budgets (or different spending) could have prevented tanker crashes and
                                    even the Oakland Hills (Tunnel) fire. CDF perhaps losing Riverside
                                    County is political. What's so wrong with politics as an *occasional*
                                    subject? If we don't talk about it will it just go away? And as we've
                                    recently seen, what about disaster response isn't political?

                                    ________________________________

                                    --- George.Cusack@... wrote:

                                    > Is this a fire board or a political board? If it is
                                    > political, just let me know and I'll unsubscribe.

                                    Northern california lodging
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+lodging&w1=Nort
                                    hern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photographer&w3=N
                                    orthern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hotels&w5=N
                                    orthern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mortgage+b
                                    roker&c=6&s=241&.sig=syJ5UnStI8-9CtlO3-WxMw>

                                    Northern california wedding photographer
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+wedding+photogr
                                    apher&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+phot
                                    ographer&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+californi
                                    a+hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+californ
                                    ia+mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=EBpt35m_07m-BjHYsdniMQ>

                                    Northern california whitewater rafting
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+whitewater+raft
                                    ing&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photog
                                    rapher&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+
                                    hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california
                                    +mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=m4mral1Bqkr9YVwPJV_BTw>

                                    Northern california hotels
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+hotels&w1=North
                                    ern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photographer&w3=No
                                    rthern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hotels&w5=No
                                    rthern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mortgage+br
                                    oker&c=6&s=241&.sig=kKy53Yeg4zpEIHRqpQlbQw>

                                    Northern california wedding photography
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+wedding+photogr
                                    aphy&w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photo
                                    grapher&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california
                                    +hotels&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+californi
                                    a+mortgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=E5UqCdTFf4XjYqhF2JQ_Gw>

                                    Northern california mortgage broker
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Northern+california+mortgage+broker
                                    &w1=Northern+california+lodging&w2=Northern+california+wedding+photograp
                                    her&w3=Northern+california+whitewater+rafting&w4=Northern+california+hot
                                    els&w5=Northern+california+wedding+photography&w6=Northern+california+mo
                                    rtgage+broker&c=6&s=241&.sig=3WHtziw047wNJ-QbwH_ngQ>

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
                                      David...and everyone...

                                      This is a FIRE SCANNING LIST. In FIRE SEASON, it is generally used to
                                      discuss FIRES.

                                      It's not a FIRE POLITICS list, although political stuff gets mentioned once
                                      in a while.

                                      As I understand it, this isn't a place to actively discuss, nor to snipe
                                      about, politics; it's a place to talk about fires in N. CA and what scan
                                      fans can do to hear more.

                                      If I wanted to talk or read fire politics, I'd go to the FIRE POLITICS
                                      group, ok?

                                      Please keep this list reasonably apolitical, so I can stick around. I HATE
                                      politics, and hate it more when a good list goes sour or gripey because of
                                      them.

                                      Thanks...

                                      PA
                                      NOT a fireperson
                                      NOT a politician
                                      Just a nosey person who likes to know why there's so much smoke at 4PM....
                                    • John Gleichweit
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
                                        Let me point you to another one of my groups, CalFirePolitics. Just send an
                                        email to calfirepolitics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to subscribe.

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 12, 2005
                                            I am not around for a week while I take care of escrow stuff (buying a
                                            house next to a ham who has a 40ft tall tower, yesssss) and NorCalFire
                                            goes political on me? That was the last thing on my mind.

                                            Please no more political rants, jives, by the ways, etc. The story was
                                            good, related to the topic, the replies were not. Politics and fire
                                            radio don't mix, except for congressional meetings on RF spectrum. Even
                                            then, northern CA fire radio isn't going to 700MHz any time soon.

                                            Thank you for your time. The list govenor has spoken...
                                            Jake Hickok
                                            norcalscan.org

                                            Jon Casamajor wrote:

                                            >PA,
                                            >RIGHT ON! This sort of crap has ruined more than one very good enthusiast's
                                            >board. Thanks for drawing a line and I hope the moderator will stop this in
                                            >it's tracks.
                                            >
                                            >Jon
                                            >
                                            >-- "Pamela Alley" <rnrq@...> wrote:
                                            >David...and everyone...
                                            >
                                            >This is a FIRE SCANNING LIST. In FIRE SEASON, it is generally used to
                                            >discuss FIRES.
                                            >
                                            >It's not a FIRE POLITICS list, although political stuff gets mentioned once
                                            >in a while.
                                            >
                                            >As I understand it, this isn't a place to actively discuss, nor to snipe
                                            >about, politics; it's a place to talk about fires in N. CA and what scan
                                            >fans can do to hear more.
                                            >
                                            >If I wanted to talk or read fire politics, I'd go to the FIRE POLITICS
                                            >group, ok?
                                            >
                                            >Please keep this list reasonably apolitical, so I can stick around. I HATE
                                            >politics, and hate it more when a good list goes sour or gripey because of
                                            >them.
                                            >
                                            >Thanks...
                                            >
                                            >PA
                                            >NOT a fireperson
                                            >NOT a politician
                                            >Just a nosey person who likes to know why there's so much smoke at 4PM....
                                            >

                                            >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
                                            >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                                            >
                                            >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
                                            >
                                            >Moderator questions/problems?