Re: Tehama (TGU) Strike team to NEU

  • aeu89
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
      AEU= Amador/El dorado Unit
      NEU = Old NYP = Neveda Yuba Placer Unit

      --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "Larish, Michael" <mlarish@b...>
      wrote:
      > NEU = Nevada/El Dorado Unit - in the Tahoe area
      > TGU = Tehama/Glen Unit - in the northern Sacramento Valley &
      Mountain Country
      > BTU = Butte Unit (Butte County) - in the northern Sacramento
      Valley and Mountain Country

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
        Thanks for the correction...

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
          With El Dorado Co. being part of AEU or Amador-El Dorado Unit.
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
            CDF Administrative Units are as followed:

            MVU - San Diego 3300
            RRU - Riverside 3100
            SBU - San Bernadino 3500
            SLU - San Luis Obispo 3400
            BEU - San Benito Monterey 4600
            SCU - Santa Clara 1600
            TUU - Tulare 4100
            FKU - Fresno King 4300
            TCU - Tolunme Calaveras 4400
            AEU - Amador El Dorado 4500
            NEU - Nevada Yuba Placer 2300
            LNU - Sonoma Lake Napa 1400
            BTU - Butte 2100
            TGU - Tehama Glenn 2500
            MEU - Mendicino 1200
            HUU - Humbolt Del Norte 1100
            SHU - Shasta Trinity 2400
            LMU - Lassen Modoc 2200
            SKU - Siskyou 2600

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
              You missed CZU Santa Cruz/San Mateo 1700 , there is a good file with map on
              this in the files section here
              ED

            • George.Cusack@alldata.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                Easy to get confused when the unit designators don't signify all the
                counties. Probably why a lot of people still call it N-Y-P.
                El Dorado is in Amador-El Dorado, or AEU, which is all vowels and doesn't
                roll off the tongue very well. Many people, including some CDF AEU
                personnel, call A & E.

                "Larish, Michael"
                <mlarish@buttecou
                nty.net> To
                Sent by: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
                norcalfire@yahoog cc
                roups.com
                Subject
                RE: [NorCalFire] Tehama (TGU)
                09/07/2005 01:58 Strike team to NEU
                PM

                Please respond to
                norcalfire@yahoog
                roups.com

                Thanks for the correction...

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                  Thanks. Appreciate it.

                  --- "Larish, Michael" <mlarish@...> wrote:

                  > NEU = Nevada/El Dorado Unit - in the Tahoe area
                  > TGU = Tehama/Glen Unit - in the northern Sacramento
                  > Valley & Mountain Country
                  > BTU = Butte Unit (Butte County) - in the northern
                  > Sacramento Valley and Mountain Country

                • K Broadbent
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                    Yep pretty much its the old A&E and whenever we have
                    to cover up north I still refer to it as NYP alot
                    easier to remember and people figure out where you
                    mean quicker

                    --- George.Cusack@... wrote:

                    > Easy to get confused when the unit designators don't
                    > signify all the
                    > counties. Probably why a lot of people still call it
                    > N-Y-P.
                    > El Dorado is in Amador-El Dorado, or AEU, which is
                    > all vowels and doesn't
                    > roll off the tongue very well. Many people,
                    > including some CDF AEU
                    > personnel, call A & E.
                    >

                    > "Larish, Michael"
                    >
                    > <mlarish@buttecou
                    >
                    > nty.net>
                    > Sent by:
                    > <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
                    > norcalfire@yahoog
                    > cc
                    > roups.com
                    >

                    > Subject
                    > RE:
                    > [NorCalFire] Tehama (TGU)
                    > 09/07/2005 01:58 Strike team
                    > to NEU
                    > PM
                    >

                    > Please respond to
                    >
                    > norcalfire@yahoog
                    >
                    > roups.com
                    >

                    > Thanks for the correction...

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • aeu89
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                      Both the same thing. AEU is Amador and El dorado counties combined.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                        --- Its all a bump and move cover assignment. T/Cu and A/E R.u.'s
                        are needing coverage engines Because of local activity and prior
                        strike teams sent south to other assignments. Neu today sent a
                        strike team 9231 C to cover TCU stations and TGU sent to help Cover
                        Neu . Its that time of year that as soon as you need coverage and get
                        it , you get busy and need it again. At least S. Ca. Is still intact
                        for the most part. Ric Baender - Martis Peak Lookout TNF/ CDF NEU-
                        E. In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, Steve Jackson <steve_j80917@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > So what is going on in NEU, TGU sending a strike team
                        > of engines to NEU.
                        >
                        > 2507
                        > 2571
                        > 2572
                        > 2584
                        > 2563
                        > 2574
                        >
                        > Steve

                        > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Ben
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                          isn't socal mostly at the fire in san diego county though?

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
                            Come on guys...while I appreciate the break to spell the acronyms out, I'm
                            REALLY bad at the darn things. Can you just spell them out once in your
                            original posts??? Please??? :)

                            Thanks!

                            PA
                          • kim noyes
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
                              Sure, Pam. I O it 2 U 2 keep thngs undstble & not abrvt 2 much.

                              Kim from SLU