Re: [NorCalFire] Confused!!

  • jerry.tannhauser@us.army.mil
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hello Ryan & others,

      Sounds like your hearing Stanislaus County Fire Dispatch.

      They also use 153.770.

      I'll listen to 154.430 to see what I can hear from my

      location in Columbia/Tuolumne County.

      Rgds,

      Jerry T.
      WA6AVR

      PS, I bit of historical trivia,San Francisco Fire used 154.430 back in the
      olden days like 1970 thru 1985.

      Jerry Tannhauser,
      CW4 (Ret)
      U.S.Army

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
        Stanislaus County Fire.

        They use 154.430 as a secondary with that PL and High
        power levels.

        This has become a problem in the past with
        interferance with El Dorado Command.

        I am in Shingle Springs area and often times hear the
        same thing you have described.

        Gary

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
          There's one Butte Co freq that I consistently and constantly get Santa Rosa
          traffic, clear as a bell. Very frustrating when I want to hear BUTTE,
          darnit!!

          Often clearer from Santa Rosa than Butte. Sheesh!

          PA
        • Ryan Villa
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
            Thanks Gary, and to all who replied!

            Hopefully they get it together and use a real TACT channel on simplex.
            This fire couldn't have been more than 1-1.5 sq. miles. No need to use
            a high level repeater.

            I'm surprised that El Dorado and any of the 2 million other licensees
            for that freq haven't complained, and if they have, why nothing is
            different. Oh well.

            Thanx agn everyone!

            Ryan

            --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, Gary Mitchell <podgod87@y...> wrote:
            > Stanislaus County Fire.
            >
            > They use 154.430 as a secondary with that PL and High
            > power levels.
            >
            > This has become a problem in the past with
            > interferance with El Dorado Command.
            >
            > I am in Shingle Springs area and often times hear the
            > same thing you have described.
            >
            > Gary
          • Ben
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
              stanislaus county fire.
              Ryan Villa wrote:

              >I am hearing something strange on El Dorado Local Command (154.430)...
              >Tactical traffic.
              >
              >Apparently this is a repeater located SOMEWHERE, being used on a
              >fairly decent size fire. I just have no idea where it is.
              >
              >Here is what I have so far:
              >
              >units:
              >
              >Stanislaus 21
              >Burbank 1, 2, 56, 42.
              >
              >Mentioned a Vivian Road and a canal. Also mentioned Divisions A,B and C.
              >
              >PL on the repeater is 123.00. It is a decent signal strength with no
              >white noise.
              >
              >Hearing this traffic from apprx 1645-present (1900)
              >
              >Unfortunately, just about every agency in CA has a license for this
              >freq and there are 2 dozen CA cities with a Vivian Road.
              >
              >They have mentioned the IC name a few times, but I can't decipher the
              >mumbling.
              >
              >I was just wondering if anyone had any additional info on this.
              >

              >TIA,
              >

              >Ryan
              >El Dorado County
              >

              >Northern California Fire Season 2005!
              >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
              >
              >Get ready for Fire Season 2005!
              >
              >Moderator questions/problems?
              >mail directly at yahoo@...
              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Craig T.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6, 2005
                Yes what you are hearing is Stanislaus County Fire, which includes Modesto.

                "Burbank" as you heard is the Burbank-Paradise Volunteer Fire District in Southwest Modesto.

                CT