NorCalScan Live Scanner - dedicated fire mode

    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2005
      The NorCalScan live scanner is now in fire season mode. Sadly (?) I
      turned off the law enforcement banks and reprogrammed the fire banks
      with a clean slate of freqs for the area. It is a little quieter at
      night without cops running plates, but during the day it will be hopping.

      It is now hooked up to an external antenna on the roof (vertical dipole
      Grove scanner antenna)! Because of some new freqs programmed, and the
      new antenna situation, I can't guaruntee 100% interference free yet. I
      need to learn the new birdies and interference spots from the computer
      and other electronics and lock them out so in the next couple of days
      you may hear the scanner stuck on noise for a few hours while I'm stuck
      at work. However the first 3 hours tonight have been perfectly clean.
      We'll see.

      http://www.norcalscan.org/live.html

      Enjoy!