Re: [NorCalFire] Shasta: Air attack Training

    Message 1 of 12 , May 11, 2005
      Good catch on the freqs Darran. Thanks. CDF Tact 1 is rarely used up
      here, but it's still a valid freq for anybody to use up here. You never
      know where these guys will pop up. Keeps the new air attack on their
      toes, as well as us.

      Good practice for fire season 2005 everybody ;) Glad to see the list is
      waking up after the winter hibernation. As we get closer to the season
      I'll post the usual rules, hints and tips on what works best on here.
      Jake

      darran salisbury wrote:

      > YES both east and west of Redding on I have is Lat.4035.5 Lon 122.45
      > Think that is the Buck horn one. And I also felt the Burney
      > Quake.There are also using usf tack. 166.675 and cdf tack#1 151.145.

    • Don Root
      Message 2 of 12 , May 11, 2005
        Jake H wrote:
        > Good catch on the freqs Darran. Thanks. CDF Tact 1 is rarely used up
        > here, but it's still a valid freq for anybody to use up here. You never
        > know where these guys will pop up. Keeps the new air attack on their
        > toes, as well as us.

        And if it seems the volume on Tac 1 is lower than the rest of the
        channels, it is. Tac 1 was converted to narrow band last year due to an
        adjacent channel issue.

        Don