Comm Unit Leader

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2004
      Is anyone on this group a Comm Unit Leader for either a State or
      Federal team? If so would they email me, I have a question about the
      what is the proper Federal name for 154.280, 154.265, and 154.295
      (Calif. White 1,2 and 3) thanks
      Bill Maison
      Bmaison@...
    • Don Root
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2004
        Bill wrote:

        > Is anyone on this group a Comm Unit Leader for either a State or
        > Federal team? If so would they email me, I have a question about the
        > what is the proper Federal name for 154.280, 154.265, and 154.295
        > (Calif. White 1,2 and 3) thanks
        > Bill Maison
        > Bmaison@...

        The proper Federal name for 154.280, 154.265, and 154.295 is "154.280,
        154.265, and 154.295" (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)

        Federal agencies do not have direct authorization to use 154.280,
        154.265, and 154.295, as those frequencies are not under the control of
        the NTIA (the Federal version of the FCC). All Federal Use in California
        is under the State of California's license and a Frequency Use
        Agreement. Use in other states would be under similar use agreements.

        Don
      • tom
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2004
          as a unit leader we call these channels intersystem or mutral aid channels for fire angencys to inter act with each other !