TMU WildCad System?

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hello all, i was wondering does TMU (Lake Tahoe Basin Mannagment
      Unit) have a online Cad System like many other R-5 Forests?
      Thanks
      Scott Biddle
    • Frank and Nancy Ealand
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
        TMU is dispatched out of Camino, the Eldorado NF dispatch office. They do not have a wildcad system posted on the net.
        Hello all, i was wondering does TMU (Lake Tahoe Basin Mannagment
        Unit) have a online Cad System like many other R-5 Forests?
        Thanks
        Scott Biddle

        Get ready for Fire Season 2004!

        Moderator questions/problems?
        mail directly at yahoo@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
          does the cdf have a cad system much like the CHP?

          I work for the media, and we were wondering if there was a better way
          of picking up incidents in our listening area other than listening to
          the scanner and bugging the local dispach office media rep.

          On Oct 2, 2004, at 2:19 PM, Frank and Nancy Ealand wrote:

          > TMU is dispatched out of Camino, the Eldorado NF dispatch office. They
          > do not have a wildcad system posted on the net.

        • scott biddle
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
            Ok thanks for the info.
            Scott

            TMU is dispatched out of Camino, the Eldorado NF dispatch office. They do not have a wildcad system posted on the net.
            Hello all, i was wondering does TMU (Lake Tahoe Basin Mannagment
            Unit) have a online Cad System like many other R-5 Forests?
            Thanks
            Scott Biddle

            Get ready for Fire Season 2004!

            Moderator questions/problems?
            mail directly at yahoo@...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Get ready for Fire Season 2004!

            Moderator questions/problems?
            mail directly at yahoo@...

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Frank and Nancy Ealand
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
              Yes and no. CDF uses a CAD system, however it is internal only an has no public web presence. All other CDF and Forest Service units have access to it via an intranet, however it is not available to the public.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
                is there a reason it hasn't been made public? why couldn't the media
                at least be given access to it? it would make everyone's job a little
                easier (except for the sys admin and the web geeks over there, bless
                'em)

                mark

                On Oct 2, 2004, at 4:40 PM, Frank and Nancy Ealand wrote:

                > Yes and no. CDF uses a CAD system, however it is internal only an has
                > no public web presence. All other CDF and Forest Service units have
                > access to it via an intranet, however it is not available to the
                > public.

              • Frank and Nancy Ealand
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
                  I do not have the full answer, however I would suspect that one reason might be medical aids and the information on the CAD would have to be screened so that all information entered is not made public do to the restrictictions and privacy issues. That would be a real pain for them to filter that. But again, just guessing.

                  There are a lot of issues that come to play with what is put on the web. I know that the flight following system on the web to flight follow airtankers, copters and other aircraft govt owned and on contract is also restricted. Even a contractor having aircraft is only allowed to see their aircraft and not allowed to see the aircraft of other contractors. Not sure the reason, but they must have one.

                  They even have concerns with posting frequencies in use. That comes from DHS and the top of the agency frequency managers, however this group and others always find them and post them, but we had better not ever do that unless it is the TFR frequency.
                  is there a reason it hasn't been made public? why couldn't the media
                  at least be given access to it? it would make everyone's job a little
                  easier (except for the sys admin and the web geeks over there, bless
                  'em)

                  mark

                  On Oct 2, 2004, at 4:40 PM, Frank and Nancy Ealand wrote:

                  > Yes and no. CDF uses a CAD system, however it is internal only an has
                  > no public web presence. All other CDF and Forest Service units have
                  > access to it via an intranet, however it is not available to the
                  > public.

                • Don Root (PDA)
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
                    While there are a number of public safety personnel on this list, none of us are qualified to address issues of state ageny policy. I suggest you contact CDF public affairs to ask them about their policies.

                    Don

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
                      Wouldn't that be nice...a CAD so that WE don't have to guess at what we
                      hear! LOL!

                      Good luck...due to the medical calls, I seriously doubt we'll see it anytime
                      soon.

                      PA
                    • Mark
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                        CHP includes medical information about incidents on it's cad website.
                        there are no legal issues involved with it.

                        On Oct 2, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:

                        > Wouldn't that be nice...a CAD so that WE don't have to guess at what we
                        > hear! LOL!
                        >
                        > Good luck...due to the medical calls, I seriously doubt we'll see it
                        > anytime
                        > soon.
                        >
                        > PA

                        > mail directly at yahoo@...
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Ben
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                          Talked to someone part of the bear valley hellitack crew over the
                          weekend. Apparently cdf is revamping their cad system and their will be
                          a wildcad version online for cdf for the public by next season.

                          Mark wrote:

                          >CHP includes medical information about incidents on it's cad website.
                          >there are no legal issues involved with it.
                          >

                          >On Oct 2, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:
                          >

                          >>Wouldn't that be nice...a CAD so that WE don't have to guess at what we
                          >>hear! LOL!
                          >>
                          >>Good luck...due to the medical calls, I seriously doubt we'll see it
                          >>anytime
                          >>soon.
                          >>
                          >>PA
                          >>

                          >>Northern California Fire Season 2004!
                          >>http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                          >>
                          >>Get ready for Fire Season 2004!
                          >>
                          >>Moderator questions/problems?
                          >>mail directly at yahoo@...
                          >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                          >Northern California Fire Season 2004!
                          >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                          >
                          >Get ready for Fire Season 2004!
                          >
                          >Moderator questions/problems?
                          >mail directly at yahoo@...
                          >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Mark
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                            SCORE!

                            thats the rumor i heard from my news director, but he said that he said
                            that the geeks over at cdf have been wanting to do that for awhile and
                            that they've been saying it'll come soon, but they've never given an
                            actual time when it'll be online. so that's good news!

                            Mark

                            On Oct 3, 2004, at 11:48 AM, Ben wrote:

                            > Talked to someone part of the bear valley hellitack crew over the
                            > weekend. Apparently cdf is revamping their cad system and their will be
                            > a wildcad version online for cdf for the public by next season.
                            >
                            > Mark wrote:
                            >
                            >> CHP includes medical information about incidents on it's cad website.
                            >> there are no legal issues involved with it.
                            >>

                            >> On Oct 2, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Pamela Alley wrote:
                            >>

                            >>> Wouldn't that be nice...a CAD so that WE don't have to guess at what
                            >>> we
                            >>> hear! LOL!
                            >>>
                            >>> Good luck...due to the medical calls, I seriously doubt we'll see it
                            >>> anytime
                            >>> soon.
                            >>>
                            >>> PA
                            >>>

                            >>> Northern California Fire Season 2004!
                            >>> http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                            >>>
                            >>> Get ready for Fire Season 2004!
                            >>>
                            >>> Moderator questions/problems?
                            >>> mail directly at yahoo@...
                            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                            >> Northern California Fire Season 2004!
                            >> http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                            >>
                            >> Get ready for Fire Season 2004!
                            >>
                            >> Moderator questions/problems?
                            >> mail directly at yahoo@...
                            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                            > mail directly at yahoo@...
                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Mark
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                              If there's an Amber Alert out for this area, does anyone (fire,
                              medical, search & rescue) do anything different than normal? do they
                              have an amber alert plan or something?

                              Mark
                            • John
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                                Does the CHP CAD include home addresses? I'd think it
                                typically involves folks on the roads, where revealing
                                someone's condition likely won't identify that person.
                                HIPPA or HIPAA or however it's spelled forbids
                                patients medical information from being releases. I'm
                                a bit suprised at what is released during CHP news
                                conferences, etc.

                                John

                                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail