Accident on Lake Shasta

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
      CDF 151.160,
      USFS 171.575,
      Sheriff 155.070,
      CHP H14

      all sorts of agencies trying to figure out where a houseboat is going
      on the lake that has a 2 year old that fell off the upper part of a
      house boat. Incidents are always crazy on the lake between multiple
      agencies.

      Jake
    • Harry Marnell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
        Do they still have that low-power "scanner" repeater on 453.8375 or
        458.8375 that they used to have? The sheriff had it up on Bear Mtn I
        believe, for the Lake patrol deppities to monitor. In the summer it
        would scan/broadcast a bunch of local freqs - USFS, sheriff dispatch (in
        "priority'), CDF, CHP, CLEMARS, Bur Rec, etc. A kind of neat idea,
        although its location caused it to frequently pick up WAY distant
        agencies who would hog the air when Skip Ducting was in town.
        Stanislaus County's 158.73 used to tie it up on weekend evenings a lot,
        as did distant 42.44 & 42.28 stations from all over. It was a low
        power transmitter, though, and couldn't be heard much south of 299/Lake
        Blvd unless you had some elevation.

        Harry
        Did I say "deppities" again? Sheesh. I'm getting as bad as that socal
        guy's "Njines" My misbegotten NPR fame must've gone to my head.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
          Not that I have heard the past few times I've been up there. I've
          listened while driving through on 5, and while on boats and no luck.
          Just the 155.070 Boating Safety freq. I remember listening for this
          way back in the beginning of my scanning days and never heard it,
          years ago.

          Jake

          >Do they still have that low-power "scanner" repeater on 453.8375 or
          >458.8375 that they used to have? The sheriff had it up on Bear Mtn I
          >believe, for the Lake patrol deppities to monitor. In the summer it
          >would scan/broadcast a bunch of local freqs - USFS, sheriff dispatch (in
          >"priority'), CDF, CHP, CLEMARS, Bur Rec, etc. A kind of neat idea,
          >although its location caused it to frequently pick up WAY distant
          >agencies who would hog the air when Skip Ducting was in town.
          >Stanislaus County's 158.73 used to tie it up on weekend evenings a lot,
          >as did distant 42.44 & 42.28 stations from all over. It was a low
          >power transmitter, though, and couldn't be heard much south of 299/Lake
          >Blvd unless you had some elevation.
          >
          >Harry

        • Harry Marnell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
            yea, it was probably taken down when the boat folk got 155.07 as their
            very own freq.

            Jake H wrote:
            > Not that I have heard the past few times I've been up there. I've
            > listened while driving through on 5, and while on boats and no luck.
            > Just the 155.070 Boating Safety freq. I remember listening for this
            > way back in the beginning of my scanning days and never heard it,
            > years ago.
          • Pam and Jason
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2004
              It was still in use toward the end of last year last time I picked it up
              from the Bella Vista area east of Redding.
              Jason in Cottonwood.

              > all sorts of agencies trying to figure out where a houseboat is going
              > on the lake that has a 2 year old that fell off the upper part of a
              > house boat. Incidents are always crazy on the lake between multiple
              > agencies.

              Get ready for Fire Season 2004!

              Moderator questions/problems?
              mail directly at yahoo@...