CDF air activity

  • Nick Caldwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2004
      Today I saw a large tanker, 4 engines, taking off from the Chico air
      base and a few hours later I heard Tanker 14 (a DC-4) asking for an FM
      radio check on the Guard (presumably 168.6250). I couldn't hear the
      other end of 'the guard' conversation, and the tanker I saw might not
      have been 14.

      Later in the day Copter 205 was up working an incident in the Butte
      unit, I would guess it was a fire because they got an incident number
      from BTU ECC but SAR was not invovled, ruling out a technical rescue.

      The air resources are starting to get warmed up... here comes the season.

      Nick