Re: [NorCalFire] Request Unit #'s

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 22 , May 7, 2003
      look in later group emails
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Danny" <d952@...>
      To: <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Request Unit #'s

      > OK Ben, thanks for the Cnty data. Now do you have any info as to unit #'s
      for CDF apparatus?

      > Danny

    • cywildfire
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 4 4:40 PM
        will you be at the chat saturday jeff?
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 4 5:11 PM
          Ben, A huge monster thank you for the unit details for CZU/SCU.The perfect collection of what I was asking for. If we can just get other group members to send in there data for the unit they live in/near then it won't take very long to complete the 21 units that make up all of CDF.

          Now a few follow-up Q's if I may. Do any of the other remaining 22 sta's have a # {similar to Sunol's 14} associated w/them? Is there any way to post the BC #'s for the different sta's? Where are the unit HQ's for both & do they operate apparatus @ them? Does SCU still man there 3 & CZU there 2 lookouts?

          Again a very big thank you. This is a really great start.
          Danny

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 4 8:48 PM
            yes I hope all will be so we can finish thisAt 04:40 PM 6/4/2003, you wrote:
            >will you be at the chat saturday jeff?

          • pyro finder
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 4 9:45 PM
              3454 is a ALCO engine that is staffed by CDF/Sunol
              through a contract with ALCO to protect the Sunol
              area, not staffed by volunteers.

              http://calendar.yahoo.com
            • Ben
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 4 10:35 PM
                i've added most norcal ranger units to my website..

                www.mattlogic.com

                under cdf

              • kc6nah@juno.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 5 12:44 AM
                  SLU is 3400

                  Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
                • Ben
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 5 10:38 AM
                    then that must have been a recent change because for years, 3454 was staffed
                    by alco volunteers at sunol
                    > 3454 is a ALCO engine that is staffed by CDF/Sunol
                    > through a contract with ALCO to protect the Sunol
                    > area, not staffed by volunteers.
                    > --- Ben <bkellogg9@...> wrote:
                    > > ok let me rephrase my previous message. station 14
                    > > is a cdf station with a
                    > > county rig which is 3454 staffed by volunteers

                  • pyro finder
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 5 7:57 PM
                      not for the 28 years i worked in scu, it always has
                      been staffed by paid CDF employees, under contract
                      with ALCO, 3454