SmokeReports online for 2003 fire season

  • Ron Angle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Good day. As many states throughout the West declare the 2003
      wildfire season open this week, we would like to remind you that
      SmokeReports will be online once more.

      We are currently at http://www.withmy2hands.com/smokereports/.

      Our new URL, www.smokereports.com should be up and running by mid-
      week as we switch servers.

      SmokeReports is a large wildfire news digest featuring agency and
      media news reports of wildfire activity in 11 western states. We try
      to summarize what is happening throughout the west and have it
      available online by 10 a.m. each morning. Our front page prime
      feature is "The One Minute Overview". Inside pages provide more in-
      depth coverage of wildfires of 1,000 acres or more in size.

      One caveat. We are NOT an initial attack news site; nor do we report
      anything related to scanners, resources, or unit IDs. There are more
      than enough groups filling that need.

      For those that receive news by email, we also maintain a Yahoo group.

      The news group follows the same guidelines as the web site: Western
      U.S. news of thousand acre wildfires.

      Come by and visit; we have no advertising and we do this as a public
      service. And have a safe 2003 season.

      --ron
      editor, SmokeReports