Chico water rescue

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water rescue, boat in the water, unknown
      victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the county
      responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond downstream
      in case of any mishaps.
    • Nick
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2003
        They are continueing the search for about another hour, they tried to
        contact the registered owner of the boat and had no luck, so they
        don't know if it just floated away from a dock or if he floated away
        from the boat. There was some talk about calling out BCSO SAR, but I
        never heard them actually get dispatched... I guess they have enough
        DART divers. Chico Fire is now trying to keep the city engines staffed
        with half their people in Bidwell.

        --
        Thursday, May 1, 2003, 2:36:32 PM, Nick wrote:

        > Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water rescue, boat in the water, unknown
        > victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the county
        > responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond downstream
        > in case of any mishaps.

        > mail directly at jake@...

      • Amanda Shay
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2003
          did you actually hear what happened with that boat and this story?

          Nick <scanchico@...> wrote:Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water rescue, boat in the water, unknown
          victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the county
          responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond downstream
          in case of any mishaps.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Get ready for Fire Season 2003!

          Moderator questions/problems?
          mail directly at jake@...

        • Nick
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2003
            Yeah, it was floating out in the water with no one on board, they did a pretty wide search and didn't find anyone and could not reach anyone at the registered owners house, so chico fire just tied the boat up at the fish & game dock and left it for someone to come and claim. Turned out to be nothing I guess, but it was a good drill for the DART & SAR team.

            Nick

            > From: Amanda Shay <norcal_firechick@...>
            > Date: 2003/05/15 Thu AM 10:55:44 EDT
            > To: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, scannorcal <SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Chico water rescue
            >
            > did you actually hear what happened with that boat and this story?
            >
            > Nick <scanchico@...> wrote:Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water rescue, boat in the water, unknown
            > victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the county
            > responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond downstream
            > in case of any mishaps.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > mail directly at jake@...

            > mail directly at jake@...

          • k6mla
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2003
              SAR was pretty mad about that call because we weren't toned out right
              away. In fact, there was only 1 SAR guy who showed, and that was
              because he was listening the scanner on CDF. For some reason the city
              doesnt like the county it seems.
              -dan

              --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, Nick <scanchico@c...> wrote:
              > Yeah, it was floating out in the water with no one on board, they
              did a pretty wide search and didn't find anyone and could not reach
              anyone at the registered owners house, so chico fire just tied the
              boat up at the fish & game dock and left it for someone to come and
              claim. Turned out to be nothing I guess, but it was a good drill for
              the DART & SAR team.

              > Nick
              >

              > > From: Amanda Shay <norcal_firechick@y...>
              > > Date: 2003/05/15 Thu AM 10:55:44 EDT
              > > To: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, scannorcal
              <SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com>
              > > Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Chico water rescue
              > >
              > > did you actually hear what happened with that boat and this story?
              > >
              > > Nick <scanchico@c...> wrote:Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water
              rescue, boat in the water, unknown
              > > victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the
              county
              > > responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond
              downstream
              > > in case of any mishaps.
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > > Northern California Fire Season 2003!
              > > http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
              > >
              > > Get ready for Fire Season 2003!
              > >
              > > Moderator questions/problems?
              > > mail directly at jake@n...

              Service.

              > > Northern California Fire Season 2003!
              > > http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
              > >
              > > Get ready for Fire Season 2003!
              > >
              > > Moderator questions/problems?
              > > mail directly at jake@n...

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Danny
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2003
                For some reason the city doesnt like the county it seems.

                O, No! This will not work.

                Danny

                SAR was pretty mad about that call because we weren't toned out right
                away. In fact, there was only 1 SAR guy who showed, and that was
                because he was listening the scanner on CDF. For some reason the city
                doesnt like the county it seems.
                -dan

                --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, Nick <scanchico@c...> wrote:
                > Yeah, it was floating out in the water with no one on board, they
                did a pretty wide search and didn't find anyone and could not reach
                anyone at the registered owners house, so chico fire just tied the
                boat up at the fish & game dock and left it for someone to come and
                claim. Turned out to be nothing I guess, but it was a good drill for
                the DART & SAR team.

                > Nick
                >

                > > From: Amanda Shay <norcal_firechick@y...>
                > > Date: 2003/05/15 Thu AM 10:55:44 EDT
                > > To: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, scannorcal
                <SCANnorCAL@yahoogroups.com>
                > > Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Chico water rescue
                > >
                > > did you actually hear what happened with that boat and this story?
                > >
                > > Nick <scanchico@c...> wrote:Bidwell Park, at 5 mile, water
                rescue, boat in the water, unknown
                > > victims. Chico Fire starting DART search, mutual aid from the
                county
                > > responding. Tac is on CALCORD. One Chico engine to respond
                downstream
                > > in case of any mishaps.
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > > Northern California Fire Season 2003!
                > > http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
                > >
                > > Get ready for Fire Season 2003!
                > >
                > > Moderator questions/problems?
                > > mail directly at jake@n...

                Service.

                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2003
                  You are right, it doesn't work. The city can handle themselves most
                  the time. They do spend > 1/4 of the city's general fund on fire
                  protection, but sometimes they still need county help, and should ask
                  for it sooner. The county doesn't wait around to ask for city help...
                  they will send our engines and cancel them later. Better to be safe in
                  this business.

                  At least I think so.

                  Nick