[tomanddarryl] Special Event

  • Dan Fuller
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 2:59 PM
      From another list
      [tomanddarryl] Special Event

      This might not be appropriate for this list, but we have a lot of hams here,
      so:
      I would like to announce "The World's Longest Yard Sale Amateur Radio
      Special Event Station".
      deKalb County Alabama Amateur Radio Club will operate an amateur radio
      special event station in conjunction with"The World's Longest Yard Sale"!
      The World's Longest Yard Sale annual event extends from Gadsden, Alabama, to
      Covington, Kentucky, via the U.S. 127 Corridor with more than 450 miles of
      scenic beauty, tons of yard sale items, and many friendly people.
      The World's L o n g e s t Yard Sale Amateur Radio Special Event Station will
      operate as W4GBR along the yard sale route on the Lookout Mountain Parkway
      located near Fort Payne, Alabama. W4GBR can be found on the frequencies of
      28.470(10m), 21.270(15m), 14.270(20m), 7.270(40m) and 147.270(2m), MHz. The
      yard sale and special event operations will be August 2-10, 2003.
      Out of town yard sailors and amateur radio operators are invited to visit
      our station. Special event station information and local directions can be
      obtained on our local repeater 147.270MHz 100.0Hz PL.
      To receive a W4GBR Special Event Certificate, mail the order form found on
      the website or mail your contact information and $4.00 U.S. to:
      W4GBR Special Event
      2113 Dogwood Blvd. NE
      Ft Payne, Al 35967
      For additional information please contact the above address or see the
      following:
      w4gbr@...
      http://worldslongestyardsalespecialevent.com
      http://www.tourdekalb.com/yardsale.htm