Re: Major Incident in Reno

  • Joe King
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      Just thought I would let you know that the fire - although a very
      major one - was NOT at the Reno Gazette Journal - it was a pallet
      yard on Kuenzli street - just West of Kietzke lane - this is several
      blocks at least from the RGJ building - the fire was mostly in the
      pallets and from what I copied on the radio in Aircomm only minor
      damage to the building - the efforts were hampered by high winds and
      due to the layout of the scene they had problems with opposing hose
      streams - Probably something you would understand a lot better than
      me - also last night about 11:30 just a couple of blocks from where
      I live a Reno officer was shot (near Reno Fire Station 3)after he
      made a traffic stop - the suspect was also shot and last I heard
      both survived and are in hospitals - pretty exciting end to the
      Month of March in Reno - Joe

      --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, "captainbiddle"
      <captainbiddle@y...> wrote:
      > just came over the radio sation and im picking up spuradic pieces
      of
      > info but the reno gazeate journal is on fire and flames are
      shooting
      > out of the roof
      >
      > 453.7500 Reno red i beleive is the tac but if not heres the rest
      > 453.0500 Reno orange
      > 453.5500 Reno Gold
      >
      > captain biddle
    • scott biddle
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        ya thanks joe my bad thats what the radio station was saying for while but buy the time they figured out that it was not the RGJ i was too busy at that point in time
        so thanks for picking up the slack for me (lol)
        captain biddle
        Joe King <joking48@...> wrote:Just thought I would let you know that the fire - although a very

        <captainbiddle@y...> wrote:
        > just came over the radio sation and im picking up spuradic pieces
        of
        > info but the reno gazeate journal is on fire and flames are
        shooting
        > out of the roof
        >
        > 453.7500 Reno red i beleive is the tac but if not heres the rest
        > 453.0500 Reno orange
        > 453.5500 Reno Gold
        >
        > captain biddle

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT