Veg Fire: Spring Gulch / Highway 273

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2003
      SHU Incident
      Spring Gulch / Highway 273
      3/4 - 1 Acre Fast Spread

      FREQS:
      151.160 SHU Local
      151.460 TAC 12 (Spring IC)

      E546
      E646
      E2487
      E2478
      E446
      E346
      B2415

      Its about an acre. A lil excitment for the spring ;)

      Mike

    • Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2003
        what burns when its green and wet???

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2003
          I was working in the yard yesterday and the grass is green and the
          ground is just about %100 saturated from the rains we've had this
          past month or two. I wonder what can burn also. Although I back Mike
          up when I monitored a 1/4acre veggie on the county line.

          There are a lot of major control fires starting up in the hills
          outside of Redding. That will provide some good radio traffic for
          training etc. They should be operating on either a control channel or
          tact 11/12. Also, I'm seeing some tanker traffic around Red Bluff as
          they practice VOR approaches etc. Monitor the victor freqs and RDD
          119.800 and RBL 123.000 freqs for the airport coordination.

          Jake

          >what burns when its green and wet???

        • cywildfire
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2003
            you guys get all the fun up there : )

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2003
              Jeff wrote: what burns when its green and wet???

              A green SUV whose gas tank leaked??? I dunno

              Mike

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2003
                Latest news on Redding City Fire and their happenings....

                New fire station (Station 8) located at the corner of Churn Crk and College
                View in the northeast corner of town will break ground on April of 2004 and be
                completed by November of 2004.

                The crew to cover Station 8 will come from existing Station 7 at the Redding
                Municipal Airport. The city is still figuring out how they will cover the airport but
                it will most likely be a contract fire company.

                The city was closing down Stations 2 (Canyon Crk) and 4 (Placer) and
                combining them into a larger station that would house both equipment and be
                located on Buenaventura and cover the same area as 2 and 4 covered. This
                plan is put on hold now since real estate deals between the city and possible
                property buyers dropped.

                Some of this info came from recent article in Redding Record Searchlight.
                http://www.redding.com/news/

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 5, 2003
                    > The city was closing down Stations 2 (Canyon Crk) and 4 (Placer) and
                    > combining them into a larger station that would house both equipment and
                    be
                    > located on Buenaventura and cover the same area as 2 and 4 covered. This
                    > plan is put on hold now since real estate deals between the city and
                    possible
                    > property buyers dropped.

                    Just FYI Jake. Canyon Crk is Station 3, Placer is Station 2. Station 4 is
                    off Bonnyview :)

                    Ed
                    Who worked RDN 3 for FFI Outreach
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 6, 2003
                      It's Winter, I'm allowed to miss a shot or two....

                      Thanks Ed ;)
                      Jake