NY Times Items

  • zerg90@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2002
      QUOTE OF THE DAY
      =========================
      "That's a hole so deep and so vast that even if we fired every single
      person on the state payroll every park ranger, every college professor
      and every Highway Patrol officer we would still be more than $6 billion
      short." -HERB J. WESSON Jr., the California Assembly speaker, on the
      state's budget.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/09/national/09CALI.html?todaysheadlines

      -----

      Lodge's Fire Concerns Turn Plastic Into a Christmas Tradition

      Because of a crackdown on fire hazards by park officials, there will be
      no real Christmas trees this season at the Ahwahnee Hotel in the
      Yosemite Valley.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/09/national/09TREE.html?todaysheadlines

      Yosemite National Park

      BUSINESS

      Bush Said to Pick Chief of Railroad for Treasury Job

      John W. Snow is an economist and a lawyer who has run CSX Corporation,
      one of the nation's largest railroad companies, since 1991.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/09/national/09ECON.html?todaysheadlines

      -----

      Wi-Fi Internet Access Is Hot, but Its Profit Potential Is Tepid

      Many industry analysts say it could be hard to make money in Wi-Fi
      Internet access.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/09/technology/09WIFI.html?todaysheadlines