BC780XLT

  • Pam & Jeff Schiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2001
      WELL ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE BECAUSE WHO KNOWS IF THIS IS WORKING NOW.

      HAS ANYBODY AQUIRED A BC780XLT YET I AM WAITING TO PURCHASE TWO OF THEM
      JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THE HYPE?

      SURE IS QUIET OUT THERE.....NEED SOME ACTION PD's IS STARTING TO SOUND INTERESTING HA HA

      JEFFREY IN HOLLISTER

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2001
        I've got one sitting right next to me on top of a Pro-2067 and a BC-895. All I gotta say its a great radio bar-none.
        I've currently got the CDF Standard Statewide load in it along with CDF-RRU's standard load. Alpha tags are perfect and I'm
        one of the few that acutally really loves the Screen Mask feature. I don't know about the holister area, but where I am, the
        departments I need to monitor are on UHF (that definetly requires the use of PL tones), an EDACS system, VHF-Hi, VHF-lo, and
        a Motorola Type II system. The 780 is the only radio I have that will monitor the systems the way I need to.
        One thing I really love is the 2 line alpha tags that are not only channel and bank, but in trunking talkgroups, they
        are the Talkgroup and the List ID. The Control channel only mode is a miracle for me. I can use 1 bank for the OES white,
        FIREMARS, and the ITACS along with a Moto Type II 800mhz system. Before I'd have to waste two banks for that!
        A key point you need to ask yourself though is what do you want in a radio? For me it was 500 channels min. 2 line alpha
        tags, a VFO, Good trunking ability, Tone Squelch while just sitting on a channel in manual mode (Pro-2067 does not do this),
        Wideband coverage, small size but large display, and most importantly computer programmable. The 780 did all of this for me
        no sweat.
        The only thing I could ask for would be Dynamic channels/banks and a 1000 or more channels. Now that I have a radio that
        does it all, I want to listen to it all. Departments that I never even knew I could recieve come in loud and clear on it.
        I'm pulling in Riverside County S.O from Huntington beach and Costa Mesa Fire from Long beach. Would you beleive I've
        actually begun monitoring DWP and such just because I can? Not much interesting to listen to but its there and that should
        count for something :)
        By the way, I use it as both a mobile and a base radio. Which is why i'll probably be buying a second one so I dont have
        to keep plugging and unplugging it. I do recomend an external speaker in a vehicle, but then i've done that with all of my
        radios in there so that shouldn't be a surprise. The display is big and readable in a vehicle compared to the Pro-2067, and
        the backlit keypad is a great feature.
        As you can tell I love my 780, and think its a great radio for my use.

        Mike

        Pam & Jeff Schiller wrote:

        > WELL ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE BECAUSE WHO KNOWS IF THIS IS WORKING NOW.
        >
        > HAS ANYBODY AQUIRED A BC780XLT YET I AM WAITING TO PURCHASE TWO OF THEM
        > JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THE HYPE?
        >
        > SURE IS QUIET OUT THERE.....NEED SOME ACTION PD's IS STARTING TO SOUND INTERESTING HA HA
        >
        > JEFFREY IN HOLLISTER

        > It's not September anymore hehe. I finally fixed this.
        >
        > Moderator questions/problems?
        > mail directly at kf6kdd@...

      • Rex A Emerson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2001
          I have had mine for about two weeks, and
          I am very happy with it. Although, I am
          not in an area with trunked systems, I
          feel it is a real nice radio, better than
          any I have owned.

          Hope it helps,

          Rex

          > WELL ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE BECAUSE WHO KNOWS IF THIS IS WORKING NOW.
          >
          > HAS ANYBODY AQUIRED A BC780XLT YET I AM WAITING TO PURCHASE TWO OF THEM
          > JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THE HYPE?
          >
          > SURE IS QUIET OUT THERE.....NEED SOME ACTION PD's IS STARTING TO SOUND
          INTERESTING HA HA

          JEFFREY IN HOLLISTER

          > It's not September anymore hehe. I finally fixed this.
          >
          > Moderator questions/problems?
          > mail directly at kf6kdd@...

        • Pam & Jeff Schiller
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2001
            hay mike thanks for the info on the 780 you have my wife convinced that I
            need one. yippy (you will understand someday the importance of wife
            approval. ha ha!!
            anyway did you hear about the vw being hung over the side of the golden gate
            bridge this am? them crazy Canadians Ill tell ya..........
> [...]
            readable in a vehicle compared to the Pro-2067, and
            > the backlit keypad is a great feature.
            > As you can tell I love my 780, and think its a great radio for my use.
            >
            > Mike
            >

            > Pam & Jeff Schiller wrote:
            >
            > > WELL ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE BECAUSE WHO KNOWS IF THIS IS WORKING NOW.
            > >
            > > HAS ANYBODY AQUIRED A BC780XLT YET I AM WAITING TO PURCHASE TWO OF THEM
            > > JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THE HYPE?
            > >
            > > SURE IS QUIET OUT THERE.....NEED SOME ACTION PD's IS STARTING TO SOUND
            INTERESTING HA HA

            JEFFREY IN HOLLISTER

            > > Northern California Fire Season 2000!
            > > http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
            > >
            > > It's not September anymore hehe. I finally fixed this.
            > >
            > > Moderator questions/problems?
            > > mail directly at kf6kdd@...

            > It's not September anymore hehe. I finally fixed this.

          • Pam & Jeff Schiller
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2001
              hay mike ,

              well i got my 780 what reception i can hear grass valley plain as day
              way cool .!!

              im having some problems figuring out the way to enter input and tone if youd
              like to help please give me a call saterday night or sunday night between
              7pm and 11pm @ 1(831)636-3905 ID REALLY LIKE TO BE TALKED THROUGH JUST ONCE
              AND KOW I GOT IT RIGHT

              thanks jeffrey in hollister