Tehama: Red Bluff fire 8:30am

  • Jake Hickok
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Tidmen IC or something like that. It is behind the Diamond Mills
      (Sierra Pacific, Pactiv Corp) and putting up a lot of smoke in the
      20mph north winds. At first I thought it was a sawdust pile behind
      the mill but it seems to be moving south, and to the north about 4
      miles seems to be a lot of drift smoke coming off what would have
      already burnt. Dispatch didn't have much info other than it has been
      burning since 5am this morning. My pager did go off for station
      coverage at 5am which tells me city fire went to help CDF mutual aid.
      It is looking like a good 4 mile long fire that took off in the wind
      this morning. Our 105ft ladder truck responded. It was drinking out
      of two huge watertenders (WT810, and a commercial water tender) since
      there are no hydrants outside of the city.

      I was stuck going to work and could only drive within a mile before
      having to turn around and get to work.

      Tactical operations had at least 3 divisions involved with Operations
      Manager active on CDF Tac3 151.175 which says the fire had to have
      been pretty good size to have to split operations around like that.

      Tehama CDF 151.370
      Tidmen IC 151.175