Re: [NorCalFire] CHECK YOUR YAHOO PREFERENCES

  • Brian Verhalen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2002
      THANKS!!!! for the heads up on this one.

      What will Yahooooot think of next?????? One can only wonder.

      At 07:11 PM 03/30/2002 -0800, you wrote:
      >Thank you Harry (list owner for SCANnorCAL). I am forwarding this to
      >NorCalFire so everybody can take care of their marketing preferences.
      >
      >Sometime recently our beloved Yahoogroups - in what may well be yet
      >another attempt to drum up cash - has apparently reset EVERYONE's email,
      >mail and telephone marketing preferences to "Yes" for everything.
      >Unless that's what you want - a flow of spam by mail, email and phone,
      >here's how to fix it:

      >- click on Account Info (upper right)
      >- log in with your Yahoo account/password
      >- in mid-page, click on "Edit your marketing preferences"
      >
      >Check out all the stuff they've made as "YES" options, including email,
      >and, way down at the bottom US Mail and Via Phone.
      >
      >I changed all my stuff to NO, and used the "edit" to delete my telephone
      >number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at bottom to save
      >these settings.
      >
      >Of course, if you WANT to get their advertisers' stuff you can say "Yes"
      >as you please.
      >
      >Harry
      >List Moderator (SCANnorCAL)
      >

      >Forwarded by Jake, List Moderator NorCalFire
      >

      >--
      >------------------------------------
      >Jake Hickok Red Bluff, CA
      >KF6KDD Tehama County EC - ARES
      >Red Bluff City Fire Dept - Photo/Videographer
      >
      >jake@...
      >http://www.norcalscan.org
      >Northern California Scanning and Ham Radio
      >
      >Drums and Percussion, Fire Photo, Radios, and Computer Technology
      >------------------------------------
      >

      >Northern California Fire Season 2001!
      >http://www.norcalscan.org/fire/
      >
      >Fire season is all over us! Keep it safe out there!
      >
      >Moderator questions/problems?
      >mail directly at jake@...

    • Dan James
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 6:50 AM
        Thank You Jake, Thank Harry for me TOO!
        My GOD! IM GETTING TIRED OF ALL THAT CRAP !!!
        Dan
        Jake Hickok <jake@...> wrote: Thank you Harry (list owner for SCANnorCAL). I am forwarding this to
[...]

        List Moderator (SCANnorCAL)

        Forwarded by Jake, List Moderator NorCalFire

        --
        Jake Hickok Red Bluff, CA
        KF6KDD Tehama County EC - ARES
        Red Bluff City Fire Dept - Photo/Videographer

        jake@...
        http://www.norcalscan.org
        Northern California Scanning and Ham Radio

        Drums and Percussion, Fire Photo, Radios, and Computer Technology

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT