C.D.F. FREQS ??

  • Pam & Jeff Schiller
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
      Can anyone tell me if C.D.F. still uses the chief officers nets? There was
      one for
      coast cascade @ 31.180
      and one for south/sierra @ 33.800
      thanks
      Jeffrey in Hollister
    • Ben Kellogg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
        i've picked up very light traffic but couldnt distinguish
        Can anyone tell me if C.D.F. still uses the chief officers nets? There was
        one for
        coast cascade @ 31.180
        and one for south/sierra @ 33.800
        thanks
        Jeffrey in Hollister

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Fire season is all over us! Keep it safe out there!

        Moderator questions/problems?
        mail directly at jake@...

      • Mike Peters
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
          Yes they do, and I can even verify there are VHF-Lo radios in COM33 on the
          ops nets, and I have seen them in the Division Chiefs vehicles.

          Mike

          Ben Kellogg wrote:

          > i've picked up very light traffic but couldnt distinguish

        • Jake Hickok
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
            State DGS has been actively installing the low band equipment here in
            Tehama County also. There is a repeater on Tuscan Buttes - brand new
            equipment for 31.180Mhz. There will also be a transmitter at the
            Tehama ECC radio vault and the numbers on that equipment match the
            numbers we have here - 31.180Mhz. The ECC chief said they are
            actively pursuing the lowband as a sort of admin net for the future,
            to get admin traffic off of Local Net during busy times. So this fire
            season, be sure to keep these two frequencies (respective to your
            areas) plugged in.

            Jake

            --
            Jake Hickok Red Bluff, CA

            jake@...
            http://www.norcalscan.org
            Northern California Scanning and Ham Radio

            Drums and Percussion, Fire Photo, Radios, and Computer Technology