Re: Plumas-Eureka Park IC

  • pyro_finder@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
      PA,
      You are pretty close, in 1995 the name Air Attack was changed to Air
      Tactical they are responsible for coordinating all air operations,
      Air Tactical works for the Operations Section Chief (if assigned).
      Hope my $.02 helps clear up the muddy water some.

    • whapw@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- Harry Marnell <marnells@...> wrote:

        > Right church, Pam, and just one pew off...
        >
        > Air ATTack is the plane
        >
        > Air Tac would be one of the aircraft tactical radio frequencies
        >
        > there's a bunch of descriptive info on this stuff at http://www.qsl.net/n6uru/natradio.htm
        >
        > Harry

        ***************************************

        I find it funny that neither NIFC, Boise or AAP, Associated Airtanker Pilots give a definition of
        "air attack", or "air attack plane" in their glossary of term pages. Both agencies use the air
        attack plane, but in a slightly different role. The feds assign tanker control to the lead plane.
        CDF controls the tankers with air attack and doesn't use a lead plane. The fed air attack points
        out drop locations to the lead plane. The only exception being is when CDF is working a fed fire.
        Helicopters are controlled by air attack with both agencies. Air attack planes also coordinate
        with the ground IC on the assigned command net, plus the air to ground freq to point out areas of
        immediate need the ground personnel cannot see because of sight restrictions.

        A good list of wildfire terms is on the NIFC web site:

        http://www.nifc.gov/fireinfo/glossary.html

        =====
        Tanker Tramp
        Ryan AAB