Re: [NorCalFire] RE: Public perception: They didn't do anything!

  • twobells2001
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2013
      Can you say CAL FIRE .
                                                                                             Joe Lacey

      On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Craig Rose wrote:

         Forgive me, but what exactly does the tax have to do with the original observations? Just wondering how exactly you are connecting the two.

      On Oct 7, 2013, at 3:11 PM, twobells2@...wrote:

      If you read the text of this TAX, the procedes do not go to front line troops or engine, air, crews, dozers etc.

      The procedes go to, more overhead, office types, suits, R & D people. Certinally some are necessary, but not to the point of needing all the TAX monies. How about the front line troops in the field.

    • Craig Rose

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 8, 2013

          Not in regard to the original observations either, but more info, FAQs, and SRA maps are at the State of California website,

          http://www.firepreventionfee.org/

          73, Cap KE6AFE

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2013
            Grants Pass, Ore has private fire dept's in competion in same areas,
            whom collect a yearly fee from property owners.

            If they show up and you haven't paid your fee they let your joint burn.
            There is no mutual aid to assist the other company's.

            One company is family owned and the people that showed up are poorly
            trained if at all. There is a video on you tube someone shot in Grants
            Pass of these private company's responding to a working fire, what a
            circus, the fire continued out of control, lack of water, lack of turn
            out gear, people running amuck yelling. They lost the house. ( see
            attached video )

            I wonder if homeowner gets their money back. Wonder what the fire
            insurance premiums in the area are. This is not a poor area there are
            upscale homes there.

            Joe Lacey

            On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Pamela Alley wrote:

            *changing topic slightly*

            Strictly as a side note, back east there have been a couple of news
            stories on houses burning to the ground and fire standing by--because a
            fire protection tax or fee was unpaid. :(

            I am thankful that with the well-known morals and attitude of CAL FIRE,
            that's not a problem we will ever be likely to face!

            *back to the topic at hand*

            I can't tell you guys how much your input is helping here. I've spoken
            with people who had previously been baffled and upset, and the light
            bulb went 'click' and they went, "Oh! I never thought of it that way."
            and "Well that makes sense, then."

            Thanks again, guys. :)

          • twobells2001