Re: [NorCalFire] BUTTE: Loafer IC (Forbestown/Oroville)

  • John John
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013
      I am fairly certain that I read about a 120 acre controlled burn at Loafer Creek. I will look through my papers.

      Subject: [NorCalFire] BUTTE: Loafer IC (Forbestown/Oroville)
      To: "norcalfire@yahoogroups.com" <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, October 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

      Friend just called--hefty header
      up in the hills.  CHP CAD gave me Loafer Creek, scanner
      Loafer IC, who just requested two additional engines,
      closest resource.  Washington Ridge crew en
      route.   IC said,
      "Couple of spot fires, not ready to burn
      yet"...don't know if that's in addition to the
      primary fire or if they've just got some spots going up
      there.  Anyone hear any more?  I don't listen
      as much as I used to, and getting caught away from the
      scanner is really driving me nuts.
      :) Thanks!

      PA1328hButte Fire
      151.400online scanner http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11764/web
    • John John

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
          Don't know--saw one engine headed towards town, no lights/siren, on Oro Bangor x Foothill, and the power was out for about half an hour.....haven't heard/seen planes or more resources go by, so....I've no idea, sorry. :(

          Try the online scanner?

          PA

          Trucks are going south on Miners Ranch, and there is a smoke plume to the south, maybe near Lower Wyndotte/Foothill.  Pretty close the direction of the Summit Fire from here.
        • ljeatsfish
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
            It was a 15 acre fire in Palermo-Honcut Road south of Palermo. One structure involved, but its out. Saw it on wildlandfire.com on twitter

            From: Pamela Alley <rnrq@...>
            Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 18:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
            To: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com<norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Lower Wyandoote?

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
              Thanks!  Hate being caught away from the scanner, always makes me feel undressed, somehow :)
              PA

              From: "ljeatsfish@..." ljeatsfish@...

              It was a 15 acre fire in Palermo-Honcut Road south of Palermo. One structure involved, but its out. Saw it on wildlandfire.com on twitter

            • debbygirl55
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                OT PLACERVILLE HAZYagain can't find anything on the web Anyone know what's burning? Please pardon mistakes posting from my phone
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                  I believe fire season is over in Butte and burning is allowed now? If so, there's your smoke. Or typically in fall and winter with inversions, chimney smoke can suffocate a neighborhood or area out.

                  Jake

                  Sent from mobile device.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                    Control burn up by Inskipp, I think....?  Plus all the people who haven't got a clue how to build a fire.....