BUTTE: Loafer IC (Forbestown/Oroville)

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013
      Friend just called--hefty header up in the hills.  CHP CAD gave me Loafer Creek, scanner Loafer IC, who just requested two additional engines, closest resource.  Washington Ridge crew en route.

      IC said, "Couple of spot fires, not ready to burn yet"...don't know if that's in addition to the primary fire or if they've just got some spots going up there.  Anyone hear any more?  I don't listen as much as I used to, and getting caught away from the scanner is really driving me nuts. :)

      Thanks!

      PA
      1328h
      Butte Fire 151.400
    • John John
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013
        I am fairly certain that I read about a 120 acre controlled burn at Loafer Creek. I will look through my papers.

        Subject: [NorCalFire] BUTTE: Loafer IC (Forbestown/Oroville)
        To: "norcalfire@yahoogroups.com" <norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Monday, October 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

        Friend just called--hefty header
        up in the hills.  CHP CAD gave me Loafer Creek, scanner
        Loafer IC, who just requested two additional engines,
        closest resource.  Washington Ridge crew en
        route.   IC said,
        "Couple of spot fires, not ready to burn
        yet"...don't know if that's in addition to the
        primary fire or if they've just got some spots going up
        there.  Anyone hear any more?  I don't listen
        as much as I used to, and getting caught away from the
        scanner is really driving me nuts.
        :) Thanks!

        PA1328hButte Fire
        151.400online scanner http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11764/web
      • John John

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
            Don't know--saw one engine headed towards town, no lights/siren, on Oro Bangor x Foothill, and the power was out for about half an hour.....haven't heard/seen planes or more resources go by, so....I've no idea, sorry. :(

            Try the online scanner?

            PA

            Trucks are going south on Miners Ranch, and there is a smoke plume to the south, maybe near Lower Wyndotte/Foothill.  Pretty close the direction of the Summit Fire from here.
          • ljeatsfish
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
              It was a 15 acre fire in Palermo-Honcut Road south of Palermo. One structure involved, but its out. Saw it on wildlandfire.com on twitter

              From: Pamela Alley <rnrq@...>
              Sender: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 18:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
              To: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com<norcalfire@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: norcalfire@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [NorCalFire] Lower Wyandoote?

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
                Thanks!  Hate being caught away from the scanner, always makes me feel undressed, somehow :)
                PA

                From: "ljeatsfish@..." ljeatsfish@...

                It was a 15 acre fire in Palermo-Honcut Road south of Palermo. One structure involved, but its out. Saw it on wildlandfire.com on twitter

              • debbygirl55
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                  OT PLACERVILLE HAZYagain can't find anything on the web Anyone know what's burning? Please pardon mistakes posting from my phone
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                    I believe fire season is over in Butte and burning is allowed now? If so, there's your smoke. Or typically in fall and winter with inversions, chimney smoke can suffocate a neighborhood or area out.

                    Jake

                    Sent from mobile device.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 6, 2013
                      Control burn up by Inskipp, I think....?  Plus all the people who haven't got a clue how to build a fire.....