Re: [NorCalFire] No Subject

  • Dana Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      Probably the sender’s email account has been hacked and they didn’t send it intentionally. Never open strange links in emails particularly with no subject line. The sender didn’t send it themselves.
      Dana Johnson

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        The message wasn't "allowed" on the group any more than houses and
        forests are "allowed" to catch fire... sometimes things happen. Shawn's
        (wldfire96) email account was apparently hacked by spamware or some
        other bug. He's posted dozens of useful posts in the ten years since he
        joined the NorCalFire group and his problem is being addressed.

        Thanks,

        Harry
        Co-Moderator

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
          This group has been lucky so far--my others have been getting quite a pounding
          from the latest round of hacking/spamming. :(  Folks, if you have a yahoomail
          account, change your passwords regularly, keep it closed when browsing (I know,
          I know!), and run your antimalware religiously.

          Luck and low fuel wishes for this fire season,

          PA