Re: [NorCalFire] Likely Fire (06 Sept 2012)

  • Rick Stricklin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7 11:05 AM
      one of the 130's has been in\out of McClellan this morning... thought it
      was CG but wrong color

      On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Bill Truscott <rclaptop@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > 168.650 National Flight Following
      > Today MAFFS 2 (should be Colorado C-130, 94-7318) joined MAFFS 4 and MAFFS
      > 8 in working the Likely Fire inLassen County with reloads out of Chico.
      >
      > Bill Truscott
      > Rancho Cordova, CA.

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8 9:51 PM
        Maybe it was an error on the callsign? I am listening to
        my tape from Thursday and I am hearing MAFFS 2 giving Chico's
        frequency of 123.975 to MAFFS 8. Then on my tape is MAFFS 2
        advising Mendocino Ops that they are 3 minutes ahead of MAFFS 8
        en route to Chico for a load and return to the Likely Fire.

        Tape on request! :-)

        Bill Truscott

        --- In norcalfire@yahoogroups.com, Bob Blogger <rocdad@...> wrote:

        > > Per the National Sit report only two MAFFS are flying? -> "Two MAFFS from
        > > the 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Islands (California Air National Guard),
        > > and the 145th Airlift Wing, Charlotte, NC are supporting wildland fire
        > > suppression operations out of Sacramento, CA."
        >

        > On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Bill Truscott <rclaptop@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > 168.650 National Flight Following
        > > Today MAFFS 2 (should be Colorado C-130, 94-7318) joined MAFFS 4 and MAFFS
        > > 8 in working the Likely Fire inLassen County with reloads out of Chico.
        > >
        > > Bill Truscott
        > > Rancho Cordova, CA.

        > --
        > ----
        > Bob O'Connor
        > Editor CAL FIRE NEWS - http://calfire.blogspot.com
        > http://twitter.com/CalFireNews
        > 9/11 Never Forget
        > Be Safe - Lessons Learned - Honor the Fallen. .

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 3:21 AM
          I heard MAFFS 4 flying into McClellan on Saturday afternoon.

          Paul Young
          (916)550-6904
          PaulsPhotoService.weebly.com